Suzanne Collins The Hunger Game Series | SheSpeaks

• Great book, story and especially characters. Team Pita.

• cormeretrix By  cormeretrix
    06.17.16

Great book. I wish the media would focus more on the fact that it's a story about a girl who overthrows a bloody, repressive regime and less on the romance; by focusing on Katniss and who she likes, her agency in volunteering to take her sister's place and her actions in the games are minimized.

• ima_lil_galaxy By  ima_lil_galaxy
    06.16.16

Great Character Development

Amazing book! Great prose and Katniss is a wonderful character. I absolutely love the book and would suggest is to read in schools. It's a combination of Brave New World, The Most Dangerous Game, and a few other books. I love Suzanne Collins and I'm hoping for another series!

• JRecinos92 By  JRecinos92
    03.08.16

Great series and it really opens your eyes to seeing the parallels between the word that Suzanne Collins has created within the Districts to our own world. Katniss Everdeen is a character that any girl would like to be, strong when she needs to be and knowing she isn't a hero but that she has to be one, and actually has a character and isn't a bland Jane Doe like main characters in other books for this age group are. The plot grows fast and the climax hits hard in each book, they take you on an emotional journey as the characters battle for their lives and the opportunity to win The Hunger Games for themselves and their families outside the arena. Every character introduced is vivid in their own rights and their role in the story all make sense. Even the villain in the story is explained in a way where you almost understand where they are coming from, while knowing it isn't right. The only reason I won't give this series 5 stars is because the very ending of the series. It felt so rushed and out of place and honestly just sloppy. But even with that ending, I would still suggest this series over many others.

• Lisa23 By  Lisa23
    03.05.16

I love this book it was one of the book that i couldn't put down when i was in school

• Faryobae By  Faryobae
    09.23.15

Pretty engaging and fun except the disappointment of the 3rd book.

• Linda4556 By  Linda4556
    08.19.15

I read Hunger Games when it first came out and I was blown away by how Collins was able to draw me into the story. It's not the type of book I'd normally pick up but I saw that a number of my writing friends were discussing the book so I decided to read it. I found I couldn't put the book down and recommended it to all my friends.

• MamaHerr By  MamaHerr
    08.19.15

Great reads. I wasn't a huge fan of the very end, but overall they're very good, entertaining books.

• acoffeediva By  acoffeediva
    08.19.15

Really enjoyed this book. It was a gift to me from my sister. I have a hard time focusing at times when reading. This book was so eventful I finished in two weeks. I went on to read all three of the books. Loved them all.

• ethel55 By  ethel55
    08.12.15

This would make a great gift for any tween/teen, reluctant reader or not. It's a fast paced series, and once you get past all the killing, Collins has created an amazing world for her readers.

• Adair90 By  Adair90
    08.04.15

I bought this for my husbands birthday. and he really enjoyed reading it