Sprint and Asurion Phone Insurance | SheSpeaks

• katieshuck By  katieshuck
    11.24.15

I sadly never purchased Sprint's insurance plan with, but when my screen was cracked I went back to my local Sprint store and asked them if it was possible to have the phone fixed. They told me that because of the nature of the repair, all work needed to go through Asurion and, through them, I could add the insurance plan and get my phone fixed (not replaced). They gave me the phone number to call, and I did. Once I reached Asurion, I went through the entire questionnaire process of telling them about my phone and the repair work needed. Then, when they figured out that I had not purchased the insurance plan, I was told that they could not fix my phone. They told me that I could go ahead and purchase the insurance plan but that they still would not be able to fix the phone. When I told them I did not want a new phone, just to have the cracked screen fixed, they said it was not possible since I hadn't previously purchased the insurance. When I restated what the Sprint store had told me, that Asurion could fix the phone - just not replace the phone, they said this was incorrect. So, I went back to my Sprint store and told them what Asurion said and they again stated that the information told to me by Asurion was incorrect, that they could fix the phone, but not replace it. I went back and forth several more times until finally I just gave up and have been using a phone with a cracked screen hoping it continues to operate. Sprint and Asurion cannot decide who is responsible for repair work.

• tererob By  tererob
    03.24.10

very rude people. They raised the amount you have to pay for them to replace your phone with a REFURBISHED phone! Refurbished phones usually have issues themselves, I have done three exchanges and a friend is fighting to solve her claim since they keep giving her worthless phones. Explains why sprint is going under.

• yvettejames By  yvettejames
    02.08.10

I also have sprint and have had it for 9 years now and they have always been understanding in certain situations. But I must say when it comes to replacing a phone you have to pay the 100 dollors. I have a 500 dollar phone so 100 dollars isn't bad. I understand u have no money coming in but if that was were only phone u really should keep it going for potential calls from employers

• katiedonovan By  katiedonovan
    02.03.10

In August of 2009 I started a contract with Sprint and was happy with it until I was in a car accident on Nov. 27th. My phone was wrecked in it and because of the accident I was and still am out of work. I went into Sprint the next day and explained what happened and showed them the phone. I was told that I would have to pay $100 to Asurion to get a new phone. I've called Sprint numerous times in trying to explain about the accident and how I can't work per Doctor's orders and that I have no money coming in. I understand that they are a company but each time I tried responding to one of their letters I recieved I was basically told "tough". I didn't want to lose the service and explained that but they completely refused to work with me. I am now without a cell phone and they have sent it to collections. They have been completely useless and don't seem to care about losing a customer!