Sassy Teething Feeder | SheSpeaks

• singlemommyof2 singlemommyof2
    07.22.12

Great idea but my daughter didn't like the mesh so it only got used once. Wish I had found it when she was smaller then she probably would have taken to it better.

• MasterofMom MasterofMom
    06.20.13

I like this product because of the idea, but when it comes down to it, it just doesn't work quite as intended. First of all, anything that you put in here needs to be reasonably soft and squishy for the baby to get any use out of it. However, babies this age are usually still learning to hold things and coordinate their movements. This means that as soon as baby drops this, it's going to get gunk on it (which will stick because of the food inside) and then the baby is going to pick it up and put it back in his or her mouth. So now they are sucking on a mesh bag that possibly has lint, dust, dirt, etc, stuck to it... Of course, you can put the baby in a high chair to try and avoid this, but there is still a pretty high chance that it's going to end up on the floor, and it isn't something you can just rinse off and give back to them. Secondly, if baby is teething and they try to start chewing/sucking on this, and they don't have the proper coordination, the bag is quite likely not going to get chewed on as much as baby would like to, which makes my daughter scream in frustration. Then I have to take it away and try to give her something that she can really bite down good on to take away the teething pain. Lastly, this thing is a HUGE pain to clean. Even if you get one good use out of it, after that you are left cleaning little bits of fruit and veggie and mushy stuff from in and around all the little mesh holes and from around the ring at the top. It's actually a lot harder than it would seem, and I can wash this four or five times by hand before I feel like I've "gotten it all". I stopped using it after about five uses because when I went to get it out of the cupboard I found that I had missed a small chunk of something in one of the little holes and it had turned a gross grayish color. Yuck! I ended up throwing it out.

• Wildatheart By  Wildatheart
    04.05.18

Rash

Left a really bad rash on my daughter after just one use.

• dragonflyroses72 By  dragonflyroses72
    10.05.17

Messy

My daughter was not very found of this item, and I honestly was not either .I felt it was more of a hassle to deal with then anything.

• KatfromCA By  KatfromCA
    07.18.17

Hard to clean

My kids had one similar to this a few years ago. They are a pain to clean. There was banana and things still stuck in it even after it went through the dishwasher. These are good for getting babies use to eating solid foods, though.

• Dcab42 By  Dcab42
    07.16.17

Bacteria breeding ground

Great idea but bad execution, it is hard to clean the mesh and around it. I used it once and then decided I didn't want to give it another try because I felt that it still had food trapped in the mesh part.

• redjay13 By  redjay13
    07.14.17

no good

So its a great idea and good way for little one to be able to suck on a good that normally maybe she couldn't eat...However omg how terrible to clean its never clean the mesh holds on to the smallest bits of food that unless you have a tiny brush and clean inside every single hole its never safe to give your child again without old food in it...YUCK

• reba2017 By  reba2017
    05.10.17

My son loves this to bite on while he is teething!

• sstory By  sstory
    04.08.17

We tried using this while our daughter was teething but found it was just too messy in the end and difficult to clean. It also seemed to get stuck when we put the cap on, making it difficult to open back up. The idea of this is great, but the overall ease of clean up left me more frustrated than anything else.

• Kryska33 By  Kryska33
    04.07.17

Horrible for parents

I absolutely hate this product. Its a good idea but the cleaning process is horrible. My child liked the way you can taste the flavor but just too much for me personally.

• xocandie07 By  xocandie07
    03.28.17

Fun for Kids

I truly enjoyed this product to help with my children when they were little. It helped with trying new foods, but at a young age. The only down side was they can be a little tricky to clean. Be sure food doesnt stick around or you'll get mold.

• Smile9jenna By  Smile9jenna
    03.17.17

When my half sister started to teeth this was what we got her. It kept her distracted for a while and she started to eat slices pieces of strawberries, oranges, apples.. she loved it! It's very messy and it is hard to open- until you get used to it. We hand washed it and left it inside out to dry and it last us about 6 months maybe.. near the end it got bent badly after it somehow ended up in the dishwasher..