Sara Gruen Water for Elephants | SheSpeaks

• Pistachio Pistachio
    04.25.13

The movie (urgh, Robert Pattinson) kind of made me not want to read the book, to be honest with you. However, I picked the book up one day, after a couple of friends had recommended it to me. I decided that I was so bored that I thought, "Okay, you know what? Whatever. I've got time to kill anyway", so I started reading it. Water for Elephants is amazing. It's so beautiful and poignant and clever. There are several spots where I nearly cried. I had no idea the circus could be so..... ridiculous, and such an exciting life. The main character is a passionate voice, with a fully developed history, and his narration is so witty. I loved it. However, *warning there is a sex scene.* Just.... prepare yourselves. Although I'll bet this is nothing compared to 50 Shades of Grey. ;)

• SOULLESS By  SOULLESS
    08.10.19

Love it

Really enjoyed this one... Page turner. Well written. So much better than the movie. Always recommend when asked.

• vickimarie2002 By  vickimarie2002
    07.24.19

Wonderful book!

Such a great book!! This book really gave me feelings.

• aminator By  aminator
    07.24.19

Great summer read

This was a fabulous read! I think I did it in one sitting. Didn't see the movie, I think it would spoil my experience.

• Kaylamccllm By  Kaylamccllm
    11.13.18

Absolutely superb

This is one that I wasn't to sure about when it first came out. But I was pleasantly surprised by the book and movie. It was superb and worth the time to read and watch. I'd buy again.

• mommi23boyz By  mommi23boyz
    09.28.18

Awesome Read

Love this book! It was an awesome read and an awesome movie!

• heather326 By  heather326
    08.08.18

My MIL recommended this book to me. I absolutely loved it!! I still have not seen the movie but they always disappoint me anyway. I have recommended this book to all of my siblings and friends. I've read it twice already and plan to read it again

• Jwyatt2328 By  Jwyatt2328
    07.09.18

Good get away book

As a book dreamer, this one fits perfectly for a way to escape for a bit. It was an entertaining and quick read. I would definitely recommend adding it to a summer reading list.

• onlydesertdiva By  onlydesertdiva
    02.15.18

Gorgeous beautiful reading!

This Reader has been enjoying books since the age of 4 years and therefore is now very picky about choice of reading material. Author style and story content are paramount. I can highly recommend this book. Beautifully written, great story and will tug at heart strings you didn't know you had! Worthy of keeping in my personal library ( they have to be really good to command a place on my shelf) and re-reading from time to time.

• kmayer29 By  kmayer29
    12.09.17

Good read

As a book lover, this one is not my favorite. However, it was an entertaining and quick read. I would definitely recommend adding it to a summer reading list.

• Nellygirl07 By  Nellygirl07
    10.03.17

Loved this book! It was a beautiful story with love and heartbreak. She really transported you into the book.