Sara Blakely Assets Bodyshaping Hosiery | SheSpeaks

• productgarden By  productgarden
    09.07.14

Here's my hot tip if you buy this over actual Spanx line...go at least one size larger so your final appearance is not squashed. I don't like to lose my butt curve (not an elegant way to say this) when I wear a support garment or hose. So with these, I went one size up and felt like I was "held in" but not squished. I love that this price point is more reasonable than Spanx. But it's not an actual bargain. At $15, I still treated them gently.

• wommfan79 By  wommfan79
    02.24.13

Let's be honest, these have absolutely ZERO the control that their sister brand SPANX does, but if you're in a hurry and you don't want to have to pay the SPANX price, this is a great, budget friendly alternative. I should know, I have almost every size and color the make it in. The tummy/shape control is not super snug, but they fit great and they really give you the smooth lines you need, especially with unforgiving clingy dresses or light colored slacks. I love them.

• threelittlewishes By  threelittlewishes
    01.05.10

I have bought these as I love Spanx, but can't always afford all that I want. This is a great option when you can't spend as much. but still want the slimming effect. I have used both, and this is not as high of quality, but great for the lower price. I have recommended it to family and friends, and twice while wearing the cami, have been asked if I have lost weight!

• JenMoo2 By  JenMoo2
    10.28.09

I will say, if I'm just needing a smoothing session, I will go with my assets. I definitely prefer my real Spanx to Sara Blakely's Asset Brand. The first time I washed there a hole ripped in the crotch. I'll wear them with dresses or skirt,s but definitely not with pants.

• prisca By  prisca
    10.15.09

Wow. I've worn these under skirts for over a year and not had this problem. I'm wondering if some of the problem was wearing them under pants. I wear them to work (standing and sitting all day, too.). Sorry to hear they didn't work for you! I thought they were a great cheaper version of Spanx.

• junconventional By  junconventional
    10.09.09

I've never had an issue with these however the "higher power" assets version does not have a split gusset so you have to take them all the way down.

• jos_bgosh By  jos_bgosh
    10.06.09

I bought this product at target and it worked great. I just needed it for a special occasion and it made me look good in my dress.

• emac79 By  emac79
    10.04.09

I purchased these as an alternative to the overpriced Spanx brand. All I wanted was something to smooth me out and keep my thighs from chaffing when I wore a skirt - I was not looking for a shaper to hold me in, just smooth me out. These sounded like a great product that would meet my needs. And they did, for just one wear. They are made out of a thicker-type pantyhose material so they were super comfortable, but after one wear they had runs, holes, rips and tears - and all I did was wear them to work under a denim skirt (I teach so I was basically sitting or standing all day). I thought maybe I bought the wrong size, so I went up a size and bought another pair - same thing happened! I went on Target.com to read customer reviews (I bought mine in store so I didn't read these before hand) and it seemed like many of the customers had the same problem. $15 is just way too much to spend on a pair of underwear that you will only wear once! I have switched to a cheaper brand from Wal-Mart that is way more comfortable and has not had a tear, rip, or run yet. (and, they make me a whole lot smoother than these did!)

• tif_ki By  tif_ki
    10.02.09

the sales clerk probally told you that they were just like spanx because the same woman makes both brands. the assets are a cheaper variation sold at target. thats why they are so "cheaply made"

• SNMccown By  SNMccown
    09.30.09

I bought the same brand, similar product at David's Bridal when trying on bridesmaid dresses for my sister's wedding. I recently had twins and am still hanging on to a bit of baby weight. The sales girl suggested them, and we were assured that the Assets were "just like Spanx". And I suppose for all practical purposes they were. They fit great, are super comfortable and soft. However, unlike Spanx, Assets seem to be disposable. The second time I wore them was with jeans and I very quickly noticed they developed a run in the leg, and a hole in the crotch. Not cool, and not worth the $25 I was charged for them.