Push by Sapphire | SheSpeaks

• wilderlady By  wilderlady
    05.24.10

haven't seen the movie yet, but the book was one i won't soon forget. it is bold in the subject matter it deals with, and it is interesting especially in its use of a 1st person narrative voice that evolves grammatically over time as the story and Precious' education progresses. i have to agree that i felt left hanging by the ending, even though regonized that the story was one that was told in-progress. that being said, i thought the book (more so with the movie) was a bit overhyped. definitely worth a read, but not the best piece of literature i've read by a mile.

• carla4u By  carla4u
    02.23.10

Good book, read it in an afternoon. the book presents many issues that are real- the movie picked up the essence of the book. thought the book and the movie ended short. i know you cant do everything in a book or a movie.-just saying. and i believe monique - she hit it out the park.. gabbie was great too.

• lostbeforedark56 By  lostbeforedark56
    01.29.10

This movie was great, I just think Mariah Carey Sucked in her role, I'm pretty sure they could have found a better actress to play her role, I did not read the book before seeing the movie however the film has made me want to read the book. Monique by the way I believe her name was Precious's mother in the film did a wonderful job .

• Liny07 By  Liny07
    01.29.10

I read the book it was pretty interesting it is life even though it is fiction but that happens around the world. It has some sad parts to it but it also has a good ending. I havnt seen the movie but looking forward to it.

• Owlchick215 By  Owlchick215
    01.28.10

The only thing I didnt really like about this book was all the cursing which I thought was just unnecessary but other than that the book had a great story. I would also say it wasnt long enough.

• mardel By  mardel
    01.27.10

I have heard great things about the book. I am a book worm so I haven't gone to the theater to watch the movie based on the book till I read it first! Does anyone know if it comes in kindle book form? Thanks

• KDWright By  KDWright
    01.27.10

This book is a straight forward way to expose people who read the book to a unspoken society that I have seen or heard of in my growing up. The book is about a 16 year old girl, who has an abusive mother and two children by her own father. Precious is illiterate and has faced issues that no one would comprehend. It is heartbreaking to know that this happens to people. Sapphire has wrote this book in the words of Precious.