Welcome to the #VictoriaNovel Royal Reads Book Club! Read on for all the details you need to participate in this SheSpeaks Unboxed opportunity.
When you enroll in this program, you will receive a SheSpeaks Unboxed kit which will include:
- A hardback copy of the novel 'Victoria' by Daisy Goodwin
- A bookmark
- A limited edition 'Victoria' tote bag
How to participate in this program
- Read It: Once you receive your package, read all the instructions on the bookmark. Then, get cozy and start reading 'Victoria' right away!
- Share on Social Media: Share on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter with both hashtags #VictoriaNovel and #ad. Tag @StMartinsPress & @SheSpeaksUp when possible.
- Encourage your network to pre-order 'Victoria' from this Amazon page (bit.ly/VictoriaNovel) or this Barnes & Nobel (bit.ly/2fwrWJp) page before the launch date on Tues, Nov 22.
- Take visually appealing/styled photos of the book and pick out your favorite quotes to feature in your social posts. Make sure your photos are well lit, beautiful and crisp. We’d love for one of your photos to show you reading (& reacting) to the book.
- Tip! As you read, highlight quotes so you can easily find them later to post.
- Submit your shares: To complete the program, fill out this form so we can see your social shares, interact with you online and find your book review.
- Write a Book Review: Once you have finished the book, write a short review on Amazon after the book launches on Nov 22 and/or Goodreads anytime. (If you are only going to add your review to one of these sites, please prioritize Amazon.) Be sure to mention you got your copy from SheSpeaks by including this text, "I received this book for free from SheSpeaks."
You don’t have to wait until you've finished the book to start sharing about it. You should share anytime before, during and after reading the book!
Here’s some inspiration that may help you write your social shares:
- What’s your favorite place to read in the fall/winter? What makes it so special? Wherever it is, we’d love to see you reading there, or just a picture of your special nook with the book placed, ready for you to devour it.
- What do you do (daily or for a special occasion) to give yourself the royal treatment?
- Tell your followers who you think would enjoy getting 'Victoria' as a present.
- What is it about historical fiction that you are drawn to?
- Discuss your favorite part or pull out your favorite quotes to share. Why were these parts meaningful to you?
- Go back in time. Does your teenage-self relate to Queen Victoria? How?
- Where is your favorite place to read? Snuggled by the fire? Wrapped in a cozy throw?
Social Media Guidelines
- Share on your social accounts (Instagram, Twitter, Facebook)
- Tag it! Use the hashtags #VictoriaNovel & #ad in all of your social shares.
- Loop us in by tagging @StMartinsPress and @SheSpeaksUp so we can see your shares.
- Share as much as you want, the more the merrier!
Book Club Links & Hashtags:
Spread the word about #VictoriaNovel with your network! Just click below to Tweet about the book.
Click here to Tweet: "I'm a Lady-In-Waiting to finish @daisygoodwinuk's #VictoriaNovel about the young Queen of England. Get yours at B&N! bit.ly/2fwrWJp"
Click here to Tweet: "Good book recommendation! #VictoriaNovel by @daisygoodwinuk is now avail for purchase on Amazon bit.ly/VictoriaNovel"
Click here to Tweet: "YAY! #VictoriaNovel has officially launched for purchase. Great gift for the history lover on your list! bit.ly/2fwrWJp"
Click here to Tweet: "Tip: Pour yourself a spot of tea w/ biscuits to get in the mood for reading #VictoriaNovel! Avail for purchase now: bit.ly/VictoriaNovel"
Example Photos: We snapped some photos to show you examples of how your own photos could look! Don't forget to have fun with it!
"Victoria is an absolutely captivating novel of youth, love, and the often painful transition from immaturity to adulthood. Daisy Goodwin breathes new life into Victoria's story, and does so with sensitivity, verve, and wit."
– Amanda Foreman
For more information about 'Victoria', please visit DaisyGoodwinNovels.com.
Don't forget to submit your social shares and a link to your review here. Please email email@example.com with any #VictoriaNovel Royal Reads Book Club questions. Happy reading!
- The Ladies-In-Waiting on the SheSpeaks Team