Revlon Colorsilk Hair Color | SheSpeaks

• productgarden productgarden
    09.07.14

I use this for root touch up only. Yes, it means I waste some product. But when I tried actual root touch up kits, the formula was way too strong. I have tried: Clairol Root Touch Up, L'Oreal Root Touch up and the new Mousse Absolue (A total disaster). I think Colorsilk makes a root touch up with a sponge top applicator which I despised (whoever the vendor was). So with this Colorsilk, I use Medium Brown, mix it in the bottle and then squeeze some into my professional color bowl and apply with a professional brush. To get total bra coverage I leave on for 35 minutes. I do not use the accompanying conditioner. For some mysterious reason it makes my hair look coarse. But if I use my own conditioner, my hair truly looks healthier after I use this than it does before. You can't beat the price, just under $4 where I live. I wish they made smaller sizes in this exact formulation because I would buy it! The selection of colors including warm and cool tones is pretty extensive. When this is on sale, I stock up 6 at a time. Again, I tried the L'Oreal Mousse Absolue color because you can actually use only what you need and save the rest for another application. But I wish I had just used my beloved Revlon Colorsilk!

• Canterburyc10 By  Canterburyc10
    02.17.17

Out of all store dyes this is my favorite. Last for long periods of time, and looks great. Also leaves your hair feeling great as well as looking great.

• CadenceBlythe By  CadenceBlythe
    02.11.16

I have used this brand for years and years. I absolutely love it. You cannot beat the price and the color stays longer compared to when I go in a salon, which is very rare. I will continue to use this product.

• Babygeorgia By  Babygeorgia
    10.04.14

Limited colors but does the job.

• amylynn76 By  amylynn76
    09.24.14

I have dyed my hair a lot and have had horrible experiences, but this one is actually pretty gentle. And it's cheap so that helps!

• nightowl85 By  nightowl85
    09.17.14

This is the only store-bought hair dye I use. My favorites are the burgundy, and the black. The price is right too!

• rabci4 By  rabci4
    09.12.14

I had a not so good experience with this product, but after reading other reviews, I think I just need to leave it on an extra 10-15 minutes longer. I agree that it is so much cheaper than other products. I usually use clairol and have had the best results with it. Since it is cheaper I think using this as a root touch up would be an excellent idea. I could actually touch up my whole head instead of just some of it due to small amount you get in other touch up products. I also tried the mouse absolute and I also think it was a disaster. They have had the Revlon 2 for $5 at my walmart and I will be getting a couple boxes for my touch ups. Thanks for that idea.

• mssarahbunker By  mssarahbunker
    09.10.14

When I was dying my hair a darker color Revlon had the best and most least expensive hair dyes! I use to love the deep burgundy red hair color. Now that I'm back to being blonde, I need a very high lift peroxide and so I buy everything at Sallys. It was much less expensive having darker hair! The Revlon color would last for months without fading and when it was time to re dye my hair, it was super cheap and easy!

• Vickyluv By  Vickyluv
    09.09.14

This is the only hair color I use! Works great to cover my grays! Price is great too and on sale alot so I stock up when its on sale! The only issue I have with all hair color products is my hair is long and I need 2 boxes but with this product I can get two boxes for the price most hair color products charge for one box! Great deal ! Great product!

• Vickyluv By  Vickyluv