Regency Enterprises 12 Years A Slave | SheSpeaks

• haleyfoxblog By  haleyfoxblog
    07.17.18

Perfectly acted history

As an Entertainment Blogger and History Lover, this is one of my top favorite movies ever! It is acted passionately and believably, total must see for the entire family.

• Zumbachick By  Zumbachick
    06.20.18

Fabulous movie! It was great enough to almost put me back to that time and actually picture myself there, regretfully! There were cheers, tears of joy, as well as tears of happiness. It was good enough to buy my own copy. Although it was quite long, It's still one of my favorites.

• Tmalone1 By  Tmalone1
    02.14.18

12 yrs slave

It keeps you interested the entire movie. It was detailed in the reality of slavery.

• lifeinpumps By  lifeinpumps
    08.09.17

History!

Watching this was rough but it served as a great learning tool for the kids. Highly recommend to anyone teaching tolerance to children and adults.

• vintagepurple By  vintagepurple
    04.27.17

over hyped

This movie was ok, but i don't think it was as great as people said. And i don't like saying that because i think slavery is something that movies should be made about and something we should have to think about sometimes but this just wasn't nearly as great as amistad or glory or other movie. that being said its still worth a watch its in no way a bad movie

• LeanettaScott By  LeanettaScott
    03.20.17

12 Years too Long

This movie had me all in my feelings. It made me happy, sad, angry, and moved from beginning to end. I feel so really horrible for all he went through after being tricked by some a**holes looking to get paid. I felt even worst for the one lady and her children. I felt bad for the lady being abused and raped by her master, then whipped for getting some soap. I will say they the actors were wonderful in this film. I feel bad knowing that this is how things really were so long ago and how many died at the hands of such savages. It will make you think that not so long ago this was how things were in our Great Ole USA.

• Eclecticsista By  Eclecticsista
    02.23.17

12 Years A Slave Is A MUST See

Loved this film it was insightful and emotionally gripping for my entire family.

• Ciggi0021 By  Ciggi0021
    09.16.16

AWESOME!

Great movie, It really tells you what African Americans went through even when free with papers. I cried and laughed. Great movie!

• keanotkeawanna By  keanotkeawanna
    07.21.16

This movie was very touching if there was an edited version I would suggest this be played in history classes.

• wiedners By  wiedners
    07.11.16

Excellent movie!! I would recommend this movie. I loved the actors/actresses and even surprised Brad Pitt was in it.