Photo Source: https://hooligangonemad.wordpress.com/2014/04/08/shredded-wheat-nests/
Quick and Easy Delicious Chocolate Easter Snacks
- Prep Time:
- Cook Time:
- Total Prep + Cook Time:
Makes: 6 nests
These small cakes are easy to make (little washing up) but are a devine invention. An adapted family recipe for Easter nests.
Recipe makes 6-8 nests but can easily be multiplied.
Additionally can be made vegan by using vegan butter.
Can be made gluten free using gluten free cereals.
Cocoa Powder (recommend rowntrees as this is my personal favourite cocoa)
Butter or Margarine
Shredded Wheat Original (Crushed in Large Bowl; start with this amount, but you may need more)
mini eggs, Easter chocolates or cute little chicken models.
1. Put syrup, sugar, cocoa and butter into a no stick pan. Heat until melted.
2. Use this time to crush up the shredded wheat biscuits.
3. When fully mixed and the mixture is smooth, checking all the sugar granules have melted, add the crushed wheat bit by bit.
4. Incorporate the crushed wheat until the wheat is completely coated but the mixture still has some structure to it.
5. Press into cupcake cases with a small dip in the centre to allow for toppings.
6. Cool on the side and then fridge to allow the cakes to set for a couple of hours.
7. Add decorations and serve.
other recipes in desserts
This is a recipe that makes a delicious apple cobbler that uses the bounties of the fall apples. It gets rave reviews every time!
The best dessert there is at my home! The fresh/frozen tart cherries just make your mouth water every time you have a look at it and makes you want to ea…
This will teach you how to take a simple biscuit recipe, and turn it into a spectacular and colorful display for parties or no special reason at all.