Photo Source: https://hooligangonemad.wordpress.com/2014/04/08/shredded-wheat-nests/
Quick and Easy Delicious Chocolate Easter Snacks
- Prep Time:
- Cook Time:
- Total Prep + Cook Time:
Makes: 6 nests
These small cakes are easy to make (little washing up) but are a devine invention. An adapted family recipe for Easter nests.
Recipe makes 6-8 nests but can easily be multiplied.
Additionally can be made vegan by using vegan butter.
Can be made gluten free using gluten free cereals.
Cocoa Powder (recommend rowntrees as this is my personal favourite cocoa)
Butter or Margarine
Shredded Wheat Original (Crushed in Large Bowl; start with this amount, but you may need more)
mini eggs, Easter chocolates or cute little chicken models.
1. Put syrup, sugar, cocoa and butter into a no stick pan. Heat until melted.
2. Use this time to crush up the shredded wheat biscuits.
3. When fully mixed and the mixture is smooth, checking all the sugar granules have melted, add the crushed wheat bit by bit.
4. Incorporate the crushed wheat until the wheat is completely coated but the mixture still has some structure to it.
5. Press into cupcake cases with a small dip in the centre to allow for toppings.
6. Cool on the side and then fridge to allow the cakes to set for a couple of hours.
7. Add decorations and serve.
other recipes in desserts
This creamy, sweet salad with crisp apple crunch is a real people-pleaser. It makes a lot, which is good, because it will no last long!!!
A cross between a pie and a cake. I love making this and I often mix it up with the flours (wheat and white), and sugars (brown and white). Also I mix up…
Red Velvet Valentine's Day Heart Cake