Private Selection Gourmet Cookies | SheSpeaks

• meaggiej By  meaggiej
    08.19.14

Ultimate Chocolate Chunk was my flavor of choice when I went with my coupon from Bzzagent for a free box of Private Selection Gourmet Cookies. After a discussion with my boyfriend of how nuts don't do much in the way of helping cookies, we picked the only flavor without them. I was impressed when I read the ingredients. Not many, most were natural. So far, so good. The 230 calories per cookie left a little to be desired, but I was going to roll with it. I bit into the cookie without reading the box. I wasn't prepared for this. This onslaught of chocolate. My immediately thought was, did you want some cookie with all those chocolate chunks? The cookie itself was bland and hard. I was expecting homemade style of gooey, chewy, soft, and melt in your mouth style of cookie. I could taste the sugar in every bite. My boyfriend looked disappointed and confirmed my suspicions when he said, 230 calories for this? I have the worst sweet tooth in the world. I could probably eat sweets for breakfast, lunch, and dinner and never get tired of it. These cookies were too much. I had to take a bite, put it down, come back, have another another bite, etc. I won?t be buying these again. This is the first disappointing item from Private Selection I've ever had.