Prilosec OTC | SheSpeaks

• sandysandmeyer By  sandysandmeyer
    02.05.14

I received Prilosec OTC from P&G At Home. Today, I'm going to review Prilosec OTC Tablets. I have had issues with heartburn for most of my adult life. I've used many over the counter products and chewables to control it. When things start to get out of hand, I turn to Prilosec OTC every time. I did try a sample of Prevacid®24HR, but it didn't do the job like Prilosec OTC. I decided to try this sample on two of the most offending meals: a meatball and garlic calzone and Cincinnati chili. On Saturday night, my family and I went to our favorite pizza joint, Toby's Original Little Italy Pizza and I got a meatball and garlic calzone. Before I left the house, I took the Prilosec OTC. On the way home we stopped at Dairy Queen and I got a Reese's Peanut Butter Cup Blizzard. If I was going to get heartburn, this would have done it, however, I had no symptoms at all. On Sunday, we had a Super Bowl gathering with some friends. I made Cincinnati chilil, which destroys my stomach every time I make it. I took the Prilosec OTC before our friends came over. As with any Super Bowl party, we had chips, a Buffalo chicken and cheese dip, onion dip, and the chili. I am pleased to say that I didn't have any problems with heartburn, but I did suffer a little for overindulging. When I have done a two week treatment of Prilosec OTC in the past, I have had great relief from heart burn that's lasted at least a week after I've finished. I think that this is probably one of the be over-the-counter medications that actually works and does what it says it will do.