Philosophy Purity Made Simple One Step Facial Cleanser | SheSpeaks

• katfos katfos
    01.05.15

I just started using this product and this along with the Hope in a jar seem to make my face smoother and reduce the redness in my face. It also does not dry my skin out like other cleansers.

• lisaes98 lisaes98
    05.18.12

I've noticed that Philosophy brand products contain parabens so for that reason I do not use them. It's ironic that a product with the word "purity" in it's name would contain something like parabens so I was very disappointed. I recv'd a Birthday Cake smelling cleanser as a present and while I dug the smell, I couldn't bring myself to use it. I realize not everybody feels the same way I do about parabens in their products, but I have a fluid filled mass in my right breast which, coincidence or not, actually got smaller in the year that I stopped using products containing parabens- so for me, it's important to use products that are paraben-free. To that end I find that the "Yes to..." line of cleansers and moisturizers (Yes to Carrots, Yes to Tomatoes, etc) are paraben-free and perform wonderfully; as do many St. Ives products. I wish Philosophy and many other high-end brands would introduce some paraben-free products because I do like my beauty products (Sephora knows me well!). This is just my 2 cents.

• Kevsbaby By  Kevsbaby
    12.29.19

This is my daily cleanser. Doesn't dry out my sensitive skin. Only con is it sometimes doesn't take off all of my waterproof eye makeup the first time.

• denovot By  denovot
    01.26.18

Some Ingredients less than desirable for price tag

I was religiously using this product for the last 4-5 years. I liked it but never LOVED it, more so I think I kept using it because it didn't break me out and I hadn't found something better. It's one of those "meh" cleansers. I have sensitive skin and it never bothered me, or especially hard to find it did not burn my very sensitive eyes. I did notice that using a toner after cleansing I would find traces of makeup, and for the price you can get an all in one cleanser. Recently have been getting more obsessed with my skin care routine and did a little digging into the ingredients and found some not so great things in it. For that price I would rather have a cleanser that I can feel good about what is in it, and really cleans my face. Now that I've gotten more into skincare and testing a lot of products, I am finding cleansers that actually make me enjoy cleaning my face, which was more of a "thing you do" with purity.

• faeriekitty By  faeriekitty
    01.10.18

gentle cleansing face wash.

I buy this face wash from philosophy for myself and my 16 year old daughter. The scent reminds me of Ivory soap from when I was a kid. It lathers well,yet it's really gentle on the skin. It doesn't dry out my face. Just leaves nice,smooth skin.

• AnnaR108 By  AnnaR108
    09.27.17

Great for sensitive eyes/skin.

Love, love, love this! My skin and eyes are sensitive. This is the first cleanser I found that I can use on my eyelids and around my eyes without my eyes tearing. I have older skin and it doesn't dry it out. There is also not fragrance as I am very sensitive to perfumed items.

• Mhill22 By  Mhill22
    08.02.16

Best face wash

Love this stuff, smells amazing and makes my face feel so good!

• JanayS89 By  JanayS89
    12.07.15

I have sensitive skin so, I usually don't use anything but dove on my skin. However, I stayed the night at a friend and used it. I must say this product out did my dove routine! After one use my skin felt clean, soft, and smooth. I would recommend this to anyone with any skin type.

• Aliienlexii134 By  Aliienlexii134
    02.18.15

i LOVE this stuff, i rebought it already

• Kirangulalaye By  Kirangulalaye
    01.07.15

This company has some of the best products ever. This is my favorite cleanser. It's literally life changing

• katfos By  katfos
    01.05.15

• Nadine88 By  Nadine88
    11.29.14

I have used this product it is ok except the fragrance is a little overwhelming. But it is not a bad product