Philosophy Purity Made Simple One Step Facial Cleanser | SheSpeaks

• katfos katfos
    01.05.15

I just started using this product and this along with the Hope in a jar seem to make my face smoother and reduce the redness in my face. It also does not dry my skin out like other cleansers.

• lisaes98 lisaes98
    05.18.12

I've noticed that Philosophy brand products contain parabens so for that reason I do not use them. It's ironic that a product with the word "purity" in it's name would contain something like parabens so I was very disappointed. I recv'd a Birthday Cake smelling cleanser as a present and while I dug the smell, I couldn't bring myself to use it. I realize not everybody feels the same way I do about parabens in their products, but I have a fluid filled mass in my right breast which, coincidence or not, actually got smaller in the year that I stopped using products containing parabens- so for me, it's important to use products that are paraben-free. To that end I find that the "Yes to..." line of cleansers and moisturizers (Yes to Carrots, Yes to Tomatoes, etc) are paraben-free and perform wonderfully; as do many St. Ives products. I wish Philosophy and many other high-end brands would introduce some paraben-free products because I do like my beauty products (Sephora knows me well!). This is just my 2 cents.

• denovot By  denovot
    01.26.18

Some Ingredients less than desirable for price tag

I was religiously using this product for the last 4-5 years. I liked it but never LOVED it, more so I think I kept using it because it didn't break me out and I hadn't found something better. It's one of those "meh" cleansers. I have sensitive skin and it never bothered me, or especially hard to find it did not burn my very sensitive eyes. I did notice that using a toner after cleansing I would find traces of makeup, and for the price you can get an all in one cleanser. Recently have been getting more obsessed with my skin care routine and did a little digging into the ingredients and found some not so great things in it. For that price I would rather have a cleanser that I can feel good about what is in it, and really cleans my face. Now that I've gotten more into skincare and testing a lot of products, I am finding cleansers that actually make me enjoy cleaning my face, which was more of a "thing you do" with purity.

• faeriekitty By  faeriekitty
    01.10.18

gentle cleansing face wash.

I buy this face wash from philosophy for myself and my 16 year old daughter. The scent reminds me of Ivory soap from when I was a kid. It lathers well,yet it's really gentle on the skin. It doesn't dry out my face. Just leaves nice,smooth skin.

• AnnaR108 By  AnnaR108
    09.27.17

Great for sensitive eyes/skin.

Love, love, love this! My skin and eyes are sensitive. This is the first cleanser I found that I can use on my eyelids and around my eyes without my eyes tearing. I have older skin and it doesn't dry it out. There is also not fragrance as I am very sensitive to perfumed items.

• Mhill22 By  Mhill22
    08.02.16

Best face wash

Love this stuff, smells amazing and makes my face feel so good!

• JanayS89 By  JanayS89
    12.07.15

I have sensitive skin so, I usually don't use anything but dove on my skin. However, I stayed the night at a friend and used it. I must say this product out did my dove routine! After one use my skin felt clean, soft, and smooth. I would recommend this to anyone with any skin type.

• Aliienlexii134 By  Aliienlexii134
    02.18.15

i LOVE this stuff, i rebought it already

• Kirangulalaye By  Kirangulalaye
    01.07.15

This company has some of the best products ever. This is my favorite cleanser. It's literally life changing

• katfos By  katfos
    01.05.15

• Nadine88 By  Nadine88
    11.29.14

I have used this product it is ok except the fragrance is a little overwhelming. But it is not a bad product

• julietsfolly By  julietsfolly
    09.03.14

I love this company and their products! They are a bit pricey but totally worth it! Wish they would have sales more often but if you save up a bit get these! They don't dry out your skin, they don't leave a residue and they smell really great!