Philips Wake up Light | SheSpeaks

• dbvernon dbvernon
    02.20.12

I think this is a great innovative product to help you or your children wake up in the morning especially if you have to wake up before the sun is up. I am not a morning person at all but this product has made me feel better in the mornings, which has made it easier for me to wake up. I would definitely recommend this product. I like the different wake up features offered too.

• njreese By  njreese     SheSpeaks Tester
    03.04.12

This is a great way to waking up in the morning. I liked how simple setting this light was. I could easy set it up even without the simple instructions that were included. Unfortunately every time I used this light to wake up to it cause my cat to become more active. So instead of this nice product waking me up, I was actually getting woke up from my cat being active. Since I had to stop using it as an alarm because of my cat I decided to use the dimmer light by itself and love that part the most. I use it now in my living room to add more light to that room.

• dbvernon By  dbvernon     SheSpeaks Tester
    02.20.12

• csherman By  csherman
    02.08.12

This product is AMAZING. Over the years, I have taught myself to press the snooze button, typically on my iPhone alarm. I have also mastered the touch screen with my eyes closed to shut off the snooze and continue sleeping. This Phillips Wake Up light has hopefully changed my life forever! I woke up to the sound of spa music and despite the fact I wanted to sleep in, as I gently opened my eyes, there was "sunlight" in the room and I was forced to get up. This is a great idea and I hope it continues to get me up on time. I do wish it was a bit more visually appealing (having a big white thing on your bed side table isn't the most attractive piece from an interior decorating perspective), but it does the job!

• mon1130 By  mon1130
    01.15.12

i've had this for 1.5 years, and absolutely love it! i'm an early riser, fitting in my workouts before the sun is up. this wake-up light helps me wake up and stay alert throughout the day. no grogginess either! i love this thing!

• jwingjr By  jwingjr     SheSpeaks Tester
    01.13.12

I was diagnosed several years ago with depression, which becomes more debilitating during the winter months. My doctor had suggested that I invest in some type of light system similar to the Philips Wake-up Light, but I was hesitant to spend the money on something that might not work for me. I was excited to be picked to participate in this event to see if it really worked for my depression. I love it!!! I have recommended it to several of my friends and family and plan on giving one or two as presents in the upcoming months. It has truly helped my mood in a positive way. I don't jump out of bed going full speed, but I do feel more anticipation for the day ahead of me.

• jmarymov By  jmarymov     SheSpeaks Tester
    01.12.12

I have found the Philips Wake-up Light extremely easy to use. I was able to set it up the first time and use it the following morning. I love the gradual effect of the light. I have at times woken up when it has first come on, but I can go back to sleep for those precious 30 minutes. It is not too bright right from the start. I find I am waking up more alert and ready to go using this. I would highly recommend this to anyone who struggles waking up in the dark during the winter.

• bonnietro By  bonnietro
    01.12.12

I haven't tried this but sounds very intresting. Would love to try it.

• Alisonn By  Alisonn     SheSpeaks Tester
    01.12.12

I like the design and the idea of the light. Philips is a company I like too. So many features in just one lamp/light. Great idea and is useful for an alarm or reading/night light.

• GingerAlexandria By  GingerAlexandria
    01.11.12

I won the Philips Wake-up Light through a Twitter party. For me it has the double bonus of gradually dimming at night, and gradually brightening in the morning. Not only do I have problems waking up, but I also have problems falling asleep at night. If I find myself wide awake at 2 or 3 in the morning, I just reset the sunset function and try again. I like to use it during the day because it does provide an ample boost to the lights I already had in my room. Now I can have a radio by my bed without having to worry about an extra light. I do wake up to the birds chirping, sometimes I sleep through the light (especially if my back is to the light), but the birds non-stop chirping usually does the trick.

• CanoeAngel By  CanoeAngel
    01.11.12

This is a great product. I use the sleep feature at night while I'm reading to help me wind down and go to bed at a reasonable hour. The wake up portion of the light no longer wakes me up, but the birds chirping (so natural sounding, the first few mornings both my husband and I were wondering why birds were making so much noise in the winter!) wakes me. I'm not a morning person and this doesn't make me energized or jump out of bed, but it does make it feel more like I actually should be waking up (never felt that way in January in the midwest before!). I've recommended this to my SIL who works night shifts!