Photo Source: This is an actual picture that I took.
Pecan Pie Upside Down Cake
- Prep Time:
- Cook Time:
- Total Prep + Cook Time:
Makes: 8 Slices
This is not my recipe. I found it on the Betty Crocker site . This is a yummy coffee cake. The top tastes like pecan pie.
Packed Brown Sugar
1 1/2 cups
2 - 3 teaspoons
1. Heat oven to 350°F. Spray 9-inch round cake pan with cooking spray; line with cooking parchment paper.
2. In medium bowl, stir together the first 3 ingredients (melted butter, brown sugar and water) until well blended. Stir in pecans to coat evenly. Pour into pan, and spread pecans in an even layer; set aside.
3. In large bowl, beat Bisquick, granulated sugar, 1/2 cup milk and 2 Tablespoons vegetable oil. Using a mixer, beat on low speed 30 second. Scrape bowl. Beat on medium speed 2 minutes. Pour batter evenly over pecan mixture in pan.
4. Bake 29 to 34 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Run knife around side of pan to loosen cake. Cool pan on cooling rack 5 minutes. Place heatproof serving plate upside down over pan; turn plate and pan over. Remove pan. Replace any pecans that may still be in pan on top of cake. Cool 15 minutes.
5. In small bowl, mix powdered sugar and 2 teaspoons of the milk until well blended. If too thick to drizzle, add additional milk, 1/4 teaspoon at a time. Drizzle with spoon over top of cake. Store loosely covered in refrigerator.
other recipes in breakfast & brunch
Vintage, retro---reminds us all of Grandma's: it's caramel puffcorn! It's also kernel-free; no junk left in your teeth. Seriously: this is what we are …
For a very special Mother on Mother's Day, she will wake up to a fresh smell of strawberries, pecans and banana pancakes in a pretty pink plate next to h…
These low-fat granola bars are so easy to make and are a healthy snack on the go.