NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE OF ANY KIND WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCE OF WINNING.
ENTRY INTO THE DRAWING CONSTITUTES ACCEPTANCE OF THESE OFFICIAL RULES. VOID OUTSIDE THE 50 UNITED STATES AND THE DISTRICT OF COLUMBIA AND WHERE PROHIBITED BY LAW.
1. ELIGIBILITY: The #OwnMyFuture Sweepstakes (“Event”) is open only to individuals who, as of the start of the Event Period, defined below, are legal residents of the fifty (50) United States or the District of Columbia, have reached the age of majority in their state of residence, and are at least 18 years of age and who have a valid Twitter.com account and internet access and follow @SheSpeaksUp on Twitter. Employees, contractors, directors and officers of SheSpeaks or The Prudential Insurance of America (“Prudential” or “Sponsor”) or its subsidiaries, affiliated companies, distributors, web design, advertising, fulfillment and promotion agencies involved in the administration, development, providing of prizes and execution of this Event (collectively, “Sweepstakes Parties”), and the immediate family members and those living in the same households of each, are not eligible to participate in the Event. The Event is void outside the 50 United States and the District of Columbia, and where prohibited by law. Participation constitutes entrant’s acceptance of these Official Rules and Sponsor’s decisions, which are fin al and binding in all matters related to the Event. This Event is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Twitter.
2. EVENT PERIOD: The Event begins at 1 p.m. Eastern Time on Thursday, March 8, 2018 and ends at 2 p.m. Eastern Time on Thursday, March 8, 2018 (the “Event Period”). All entries must be received by Sponsor prior to the expiration of the Event Period.
3. HOW TO ENTER TO WIN: During the Event Period, an eligible person must do all of the following to enter(:
The above is the only method of entry for the Event. You must follow all instructions and provide all requested information in completing your entry. An eligible individual who submits a valid entry in accordance with these Official Rules shall be referred to herein as an “Entrant.”
Entries will not be accepted and are void if unreadable, inaccurate, incomplete, mutilated, tampered with, forged, mechanically reproduced, irregular in any way, or otherwise not in compliance with these Official Rules. SheSpeaks’ staff will be the official timekeeper for all matters related to this Event. By participating, each Entrant warrants and represents that all personal information provided in conjunction with his/her entry is truthful, current and accurate, and is his/her own information and not submitted on behalf of anyone else. Entry information becomes the exclusive property of SheSpeaks and Sponsor upon submission. Winning a prize is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements set forth herein. Any Entrant may be disqualified at Sponsor’s sole discretion if he/she fails to comply with any of the terms of these Official Rules.
4. HOW TO WIN: Eight potential Winners will be selected in a random drawing from among all Eligible Entries received during the Event Period. Sponsor or its designee will conduct a random drawing within approximately twenty-four (24) hours of the end of the Event Period to select one (1) potential grand prize winner, and seven (7) general prize winners from among all Eligible Entries received during the Event Period.
Terms and conditions may apply; see VISA gift card for details. An individual cannot win more than one prize. Winner is solely responsible for any taxes on the prize. No cash equivalent or substitution of prize is offered, except at the sole discretion of the Sponsor. Prizes are non-transferable and non-refundable. If the prize cannot be awarded for any reason, Sponsor reserves the right to substitute the prize with another prize of equal or greater value, as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion. Odds of winning depend upon the number of eligible entries received prior to the time of the drawing.
6. NOTIFICATION OF WINNER: On March 8, 2018, or within a reasonable time thereafter, Sponsor or its designee will randomly choose the winning entries from among all eligible entries. The potential winners will first be notified using a direct message via Twitter and subsequently must submit a mailing address to receive prizes as instructed by Sponsor or its designee. The potential winners must respond within the time provided in Sponsor’s post or Sponsor may select an alternate potential winner(s) via subsequent random drawing(s). If Sponsor requests an email address and attempts to contact a potential winner via email, then such potential winner must respond to such email, and provide all requested information, within the time specified in the email or such person may be disqualified and an alternate potential winner may be selected via a subsequent random drawing. If documents are not returned timely, or if any notification or prize is returned as non-deliverable, or if a potential winner is found to be ineligible or not in compliance with these Official Rules, the prize may be forfeited and an alternate potential winner may be selected. All notification requirements, as well as other requirements within these Official Rules, will be enforced. NOTE: Potential winners are subject to verification by Sponsor, whose decisions are final and binding in all matters related to the Event. Unless stated otherwise in the prize notification, prizes will be fulfilled within four (4) weeks following the end of the Event Period. The odds of winning the Event depend on the number of Eligible Entries received.
7. VERIFICATION: Upon being notified of selection as a potential prize winner, the potential winners must confirm their eligibility to Sponsor’s satisfaction. An entrant is not a winner of any prize unless and until entrant's eligibility has been verified and entrant has been notified that verification is complete. If the potential winning entrant fails to demonstrate eligibility or is otherwise found to have violated the Official Rules, he or she will be disqualified and will forfeit the prize and Sponsor may, in its sole discretion, select an alternate winner(s) via subsequent random drawing(s) as described in paragraph four (4) above.
8. PUBLICITY RELEASE: Acceptance of the Prize constitutes permission and an irrevocable, royalty free, perpetual right and license for SheSpeaks and Sponsor and those acting under its or their authority to use winners’ names, voices, statements, addresses (city and state), images and likenesses for advertising and promotional purposes in any and all media now known or hereinafter invented without further notice and without additional compensation, unless prohibited by law or regulation.
9. GENERAL TERMS: If for any reason the Event is not capable of running as planned, including, without limitation, cancellation or rescheduling of the Event, infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, or any other causes which corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of the Event, Sponsor reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to cancel, modify or terminate the Event or any portion thereof. Any attempt by an entrant or other individual to deliberately damage or undermine the legitimate operation of the Event, including but not limited to any fraudulent claims, may be a violation of criminal and civil laws – and should such an attempt be made, Sponsor reserves the right to seek remedies and damages from any such individual, to the fullest extent permitted by law. Proof of submitting entry will not be deemed to be proof of receipt by Sponsor. Persons engaging in any of the foregoing activities may be disqualified. Sponsor’s failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision. By participating, entrants agree to be bound by these Official Rules and the decisions of Sponsor. Sponsor reserves the right to make changes or additions to these Official Rules and/or change the dates of the event at any time. This Event is governed by the laws of the State of New Jersey. By entering, entrants consent to the jurisdiction and venue of the federal, state and local courts located in Newark, New Jersey], for the resolution of any disputes.
10. LIMITATION OF LIABILITY; RELEASE: Event Parties are not responsible for: (i) technical problems or malfunctions which may affect the operation of the Event, including but not limited to any of the following occurrences (a) hardware or software errors; (b) faulty computer, telephone, cable, satellite, network, electronic, wireless or Internet connectivity or other online communication problems; (c) errors or limitations of any Internet service providers, servers, hosts or providers; (d) garbled, jumbled or faulty data transmissions; failure of any e-mail transmissions to be sent to or received; (e) lost, late, or delayed entries; (f) unauthorized human or non-human intervention of the operation of the Event and (g) any typographical errors in the announcement of prizes or these Official Rules. Entrant hereby waives, releases and discharges Event Parties from any claims, damages or liability, even if caused by the negligence or willful misconduct of the Event Parties, for any injury, damage, loss, expense, accident, delay, inconvenience, or irregularity arising out of or relating to any person or property resulting in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, from participation in this Event or from acceptance, possession, use or misuse of the Prize.
12. WINNERS LIST: To find out who won, email firstname.lastname@example.org no later than March 31, 2018.
13. SPONSOR: The Prudential Insurance Company of America, 751 Broad Street, Newark, NJ 07102.