OXO Good Grips 4 Cup Fat Separator | SheSpeaks

• Lustrae By  Lustrae
    03.13.18

Not fool proof

I am not a kitchen gadget newbie at all, but even though this thing is great I still manage to spill everytime I use it. I fill it up to the top measuring line, tip it and the gravy comes out the spout and the top. If I am not supposed to fill it up that much, then the company should have not put the measure lines up so high.

• Impurrfection By  Impurrfection
    01.17.12

I grew up with my mom using a fat separator, but this one is better than the one my mom uses. The stopper in the spout prevents the fat from going up the spout. My mom used to have to pour off anything that was in the spout because she didn't have the stopper. The built in strainer does come in handy and catch the big stuff like bones. You don't even need the strain all of your liquid, I usually just ladel the top out for most things.

• wendy_atkin By  wendy_atkin
    11.21.11

This has to be one of the best kitchen gadgets on the market. It has a built in stainer on the top to catch the little bits you do not want in your stock, soup or gravy.You just pour in the liquid and the fat separates to the top.You then take the stopper out of the spout and pour to make a lovely healthier gravy, soup or stock.This is great to have especially during the holidays.