New York Color NYC City Proof Mascara | SheSpeaks

• nikki7509 By  nikki7509
    11.29.16

No. Just no. The wand is trash and the mascara dries out super fast. Not worth the few dollars I spent on this last minute buy for mascara.

• shimonmadelyn By  shimonmadelyn
    08.18.15

This product achieved the black color I wanted for my eyelashes, but it dried out really fast and did not add any volume to my lashes.

• donnie718 By  donnie718
    05.25.15

It works for a last-minute mascara, and nothing more. For long term use...no! I bought this since I ran out of my usual mascara and it was close to an event I was going to. Talk about cakey (I had to remove half of it with tissue before I applied it on) and most certainly.....annoying to get off (to me, anyway). I tossed as soon as I got home.

• kabukik By  kabukik
    02.17.15

I bought this mascara as an emergency, the store didn't have my favorite mascara so I decided to buy a cheap one as a temporary replacement. After a while of looking through the complete selection of mascaras from different brand, I saw the NYC ones. I've never used them, never heard anything about them, so I was very skeptic. But it was 2 dollars so I bought it (I'm going to buy "my mascara"). I tried it yesterday, and it wasn't horrible, honestly I was a little impressed. It is a wet formula, so it does take a little time to dry completely, but it is manageable. It didn't clump my lashes, always a good thing, and after 5 hours of wear and a nap, it didn't flake of or left me a huge smudge under my lower lashes (it isn't a waterproof formula). It did lengthen my lashes, not a huge lot but it was noticeable and I only needed 2 coats. I did a 3rd coat later in the day and again the mascara didn't flake, it did want to clump a little bit, but a pass a clean mascara wand on my lashes and the little clumping was gone. The wand is a typical cone brush, and it isn't to big so I like it; I can work with it perfectly fine. As my everyday mascara I don't think I would buy it again, I still love my other mascara, but for an emergency or as a back up, I might. For the price it wasn't a disappointing product.