Movie Star Trek Review | SheSpeaks

• teenster3 By  teenster3
    06.20.14

I'm more of a Star Wars fan than a Star Trek fan, but when my husband asked me to watch this movie with him, I actually watched it all the way through and enjoyed it. I didn't fall asleep and have actually seen it twice with him. Overall personally, I thought this was a decent movie.

• spitts29 By  spitts29
    03.20.13

I did not like this the 1st time I saw it. I felt like the story was a bit of a "cop-out"...I have seen it since and it has grown on me a little. I think I just had too many preconceived notions...I really enjoyed the original series & movies and the Next Generation series & movies.

• TheWhitePegasus By  TheWhitePegasus
    06.01.12

I have never seen anything Star Trek until this movie. I saw it on Netflix and decided to watch it. It was such a good movie! I loved it!

• piaspeaks By  piaspeaks
    04.07.12

Really liked it, the cast was interesting and the action scenes great.

• steviemae By  steviemae
    03.20.12

I never had an interest in Star Trek until this movie. The cast is amazing. The graphics are great. I have seen it probably ten whole times. Still not tired of it!

• mrsmommywright By  mrsmommywright
    02.22.12

I'm not really into those older Star Trek movies or episodes, but I liked this movie. I was glad to see that you didn't have to know anything from the episodes or movies to understand this movie. Some of my friends didn't like this movie very much, but they said it was mainly because they couldn't picture anyone but the original actors playing the parts, but they even admitted that they story was well written and the movie was very well shot.

• roenicklover By  roenicklover
    02.22.12

i'm not a big star trek fan but i enjoyed the movie, the special fx in the movie were great and i am a fan of chris pine

• spotandjudy By  spotandjudy
    02.22.12

I literally grew-up during the original series, and was generally not a fan of the various later series and most of the movies. That being said, I loved this one....excellent way to start a reboot. I can't wait for the next one.

• citygirl146 By  citygirl146
    11.07.10

THIS IS MY FAVORITE MOVIE!!!I l love it! Chris Pine and John Cho are some of my favorite actors! They are soo good-looking! Everything about this movie is great! I LOVE IT!!

• Hawkfyre By  Hawkfyre
    08.15.09

A new look at a classic series & franchise. With the failure of the series Enterprise, I thought going back to the roots of Star Trek may be a bust, but this movie was well written and gave you a good look at a never before portrayed beginning of Kirk, Spock & Bones. The acting was superb and I found myself immersed in the story immediately. Way to go !!!

• momfirst By  momfirst
    07.05.09

Loved It!

• ROTTIELOVER By  ROTTIELOVER
    06.16.09

One word comes to my mind to describe the newest addition to the Star Trek franchise - Fun! Fun! Fun! Okay, make that three words! Can you tell I love this movie? Here?s why - The summer blockbuster delves into the back story of the two main characters James T. Kirk and Spock by showing their major influences and character development as children. Then, we fast forward and catch up with them and the rest of the crew as they begin their star fleet career. The fledgling crew of the U.S.S. Enterprise embarks on their maiden voyage immediately, and characteristically, sailing into danger in the form of an unknown and wickedly cool bad guy with world-ending power. Through hair-raising adventures and some unbelievable plot twists we see the familiar crew of the U.S.S. Enterprise take shape. Well acted, great characterization, totally entertaining!

• iheartjulie By  iheartjulie
    06.06.09

I really enjoyed Star Trek. I've never seen an episode before but the movie was thoroughly entertaining and I appreciated how they catered the movie to both of those who didn't follow the show and those who did religiously equally! And I've heard that the humor was just the right touch like the show!

• karene10 By  karene10
    06.02.09

I went to the movie also because my husband wanted to see it,I'm not a fan of Star Trek but it really was a good movie!

• imadork By  imadork
    05.31.09

I really enjoyed this movie. I am a big fan of the original Star Trek and this movie was a great rendition of the series.