Mom's Peach Cobbler
- Prep Time:
- Cook Time:
- Total Prep + Cook Time:
1 Hr 5 Mins
Makes: 6 servings
My mom taught me how to make this dish. It is by-far the best cobbler ever - so crispy and sugary on top and warm and delicious inside. Love it! It came from my great grandmother and her relatives used it on the wagon train!
fruit (peaches, etc... I use frozen)
1. Place the fruit in the bottom of a greased 9x9 baking dish
2. Cream the sugar and butter
3. Add the salt, flour, baking powder, milk - mix and spread over the fruit
4. Mix the remaining sugar, cornstarch and salt in a separate bowl. Then sprinkle and cover the batter completely
5. Pour boiling water over sugar mix - be sure to coat all of the sugar with at least a little water
Bake at 375 for 45 minutes
via My mom
Looks amazing. Can't go wrong with peach cobbler!
Love peach cobbler. I have a recipe to make it that's even more samplier than this one
Love this recipe!!
I gotta try this it looks yummy!
i love peach cobbler and now i finally have a good recipe to make for family parties and my nephews up coming birthday.
amazing if only i had made 2
other recipes in desserts
A colorful cookies swirled with color. The trio consists of red cinnamon, green mint, or brown chocolate.
Eggless cookie dough.
Ready to eat in 10 mins!
Great to mix with icecream :)
This is a yummy recipe for a Japanese inspired Hawaiian traditional dessert. Instead of cake flour we use a rice flour called Mochiko. The results lend a…