Mom's Peach Cobbler
- Prep Time:
- Cook Time:
- Total Prep + Cook Time:
1 Hr 5 Mins
Makes: 6 servings
My mom taught me how to make this dish. It is by-far the best cobbler ever - so crispy and sugary on top and warm and delicious inside. Love it! It came from my great grandmother and her relatives used it on the wagon train!
fruit (peaches, etc... I use frozen)
1. Place the fruit in the bottom of a greased 9x9 baking dish
2. Cream the sugar and butter
3. Add the salt, flour, baking powder, milk - mix and spread over the fruit
4. Mix the remaining sugar, cornstarch and salt in a separate bowl. Then sprinkle and cover the batter completely
5. Pour boiling water over sugar mix - be sure to coat all of the sugar with at least a little water
Bake at 375 for 45 minutes
via My mom
Looks amazing. Can't go wrong with peach cobbler!
Love peach cobbler. I have a recipe to make it that's even more samplier than this one
Love this recipe!!
I gotta try this it looks yummy!
i love peach cobbler and now i finally have a good recipe to make for family parties and my nephews up coming birthday.
amazing if only i had made 2
other recipes in desserts
It is almost wrong that something this easy to make tastes this good. It embodies everything that egg nog is and holds its own on the dessert table next …
Candy-filled decadent cookies.
These cookies are from a recipe that spans 4 generations in my family. They are super easy and taste great.