Moby Wrap Baby Carrier | SheSpeaks

• MasterofMom MasterofMom
    06.20.13

Our daughter is colicky, and this thing has been a lifesaver for us. I love that there are different ways to wrap it, I love that it comes in different colors, and I love that it is so soft. This carrier isn't for everyone though. Some downsides to it that people should know before they buy it is that there is a learning curve to wrapping and wearing it properly, and until you get the hang of it, the bulges here and there may make some people uncomfortable. This isn't a great hot-weather item either - baby will probably get pretty sweaty in here. We combat that by putting our daughter in with just a diaper on to keep her cooler. On the plus side, that makes it great for skin to skin contact. You can wrap it so that it's practically a shirt on yourself, and although I wouldn't go out of the house wrapped in just this, it's great to wear at home with just a bra on and your baby in just a diaper. My daughter always loved the feel of being right next to me and it always put her straight to sleep. The biggest thing to warn of is that this is NOT a wrap for larger women to use. Although this thing is super long, by the time you get it all the way wrapped around, you won't have much wiggle room left. I wear a size 12 right now and it is a bit snug! If I was a 14 I don't think I would be comfortable using this, simply because of how tight I'd have to wrap it around myself. If a little bit of sweat and a thicker waistline don't trouble you, I'd say go for it! You and baby will both be pretty comfortable in this.

• MamaBearOf2 By  MamaBearOf2
    05.13.18

I LOVE this product and always recommend to other parents! It's a super super comfy carrier for both baby and mama!

• mamabear11 By  mamabear11
    05.09.18

Great once after the learning curve

A little tricky to master but once I did my baby loved it. She would go to sleep right away in this and I had my hands free to get things done around the house.

• Wifnmum By  Wifnmum
    05.02.18

The Moby is the best thing to carry your baby and have it secure to your body and lets the baby feel comfortable. It is also not hard on your back. For nursing moms gives you some privacy also. I give one to every mother at her baby shower love this gift.

• zsazsa By  zsazsa
    10.04.17

Hated this product. In fact, I took it back after one use. I am a pretty busty female (specially during the breastfeeding time) and I felt like I was going to smoother my child to death by my boobs. The Ergobaby products were way better, plus they came with pockets.

• ladylambe713 By  ladylambe713
    08.01.17

Save Mommy's Sanity

I did not set out to be a baby wearing mom, but my baby has made it that way. My baby is a "hold me all the time" baby and I was losing my mind not getting anything done. After mentioning it to a few friends, one gave me a Moby Wrap. I won't lie, I was intimated to the point of not using it for a few weeks. Then enough was enough and I set out to learn. After a few visits to the Moby Wrap website, YouTube videos, and a few trial ties I was ready to attempt it. My baby loves this thing and so do I. It doesn't hurt my back (it did at first until I researched a little and realized I wasn't tying 100% correctly. Once I fixed this my back no longer hurts, even after 5+ hours of wearing her). I love the versatility of positioning, the closeness I feel while wearing her and mom can finally eat a warm lunch! I don't feel like I'm hurting her hips or legs, my back isn't breaking and it is super easy to stuff into a diaper bag and take with us. I also like the head support she receives so I can bend down slightly without it being a problem. The downfalls is it is a thick cotton material, so it does get warm. I dress myself and the baby very lightly when I know she will be in her carrier for a while. I also tend to get a little drool in my cleavage, but nothing a burp cloth can't take care of. Learning was intimidating, but not hard. I haven't figured out the best way to tie without it dragging the floor though, so it picks up dog hair and dirt so I wash frequently. The reason for four stars is the heat factor and the intimidation factor,

• sstory By  sstory
    04.08.17

Initially, I was scared to use the Moby wrap. My sister in law had told me how complicated it was. Once I read the instructions carefully and followed each step, it only took a couple tries to fall in love. I always felt our daughter was secure in the moby wrap. I knew I could loosen and tighten to my comfort level and my husband could wear it however he wanted as well. Our daughter loved being close to us and we think it really facilitated her willingness to be in other carriers and backpacks later on.

• braysmommy16 By  braysmommy16
    10.13.16

Loved

Love mine.. It comes in handy & is a lifesaver for us my daughter will only sleep if being held.. I also love that you can wrap it in many different ways..

• MelaniAnn By  MelaniAnn
    07.31.16

I really enjoy my Moby wrap. My daughter was one of those newborns who only slept during the day if she was being held so this was a lifesaver! There is definitely a learning curve to it but once I got the hang of it I could wrap it around myself and slip my daughter in within a couple of minutes. We even used our Moby when we took our daughter (then 2 months old) to a baseball game and it allowed her to sleep the majority of the game and me to have my hands free.

• Angela811 By  Angela811
    06.21.16

When i had my daughter i received one as a gift. I researched it, saw videos and thought "No way! Too hard to manage." But when i had her, i could not be away from her for more than a minute without her crying. I again went online to search videos of the Moby. I tried the Kangaroo and it saved both of us. She would fall asleep and I could do all my chores and activities without putting her down. It was so comfy. I learned several other holds and used them as she grew. 2 years later, when i had my son, he went straight to the Moby. No tears from him and i could chase my daughter. I am 5'0" and i wrapped the tails around a second turn. Made my back feel strong and tucked my newly post-partum belly in. I loved it, my babies loved it and everyone around me enjoyed the peaceful quietness of my sleeping babies.

• MMunoz9307 By  MMunoz9307
    04.30.16

Compicated

Bought this product for my one month old 8 pounds, 20 inches long. She seemed to overheat in this and fussed a lot when in it. The wrap required me to watch a YouTube video on how to use it about 8 times before I felt conform able with it. It has a lot of fabric and I can not see anyone using this outside of the house as it is too much fabric.