Malt O Meal Marshmallow Mateys | SheSpeaks

• sarahdd By  sarahdd
    11.03.19

Matey's just aren't Lucky Charms

Marshmellow matey's try really really hard to be Lucky Charms but they just don't make the cut for me and my family. I am usually all for saving money and getting the generic brand but apart from the sugar in the marshmellows, the rest taste like cardboard. Not a cereal we would get again.

• LeanettaScott By  LeanettaScott
    09.27.18

Great Value

This is a great item to buy for large families or just if you tend to eat a lot of cereal. They taste just as good as the name brand version. My children will definitely recommend these cereal.

• alisonsmathers2013 By  alisonsmathers2013
    04.22.17

My husband loves Lucky Charms Cereal. One day I was at the market by by self and saw Malt-O-Meal Marshmallow. I thought its a lot cheaper then the brand cereal but would he know the difference. I bought both cereals. Got home put the cereals in different plastic containers. I marked the brand name with an X on the bottom of the plastic container. First container (with the X) he ate half of it didn't finish. The second container was gone in three nights. I told him about my experiment and he was shocked. My husband informed me the first container tasted stale but the second container was fresh. I told him that's great saves us about $2.50 on cereal. My Jack Russell Terrior give it 2 paws up also.

• themomtip By  themomtip
    04.22.17

Great value.

Excellent value. My kids love them. I go through tons of cereal at my house and it can get really expensive. These taste just like the name brand but the cost is much less.

• tabbilove2 By  tabbilove2
    03.29.17

My son runs right to it!

My 10 year old feels so grown up when we allow him to select a cerial all on his own, and every single time he chooses these! Good thing everyone likes them!

• megtheotter By  megtheotter
    03.23.17

Great Deal

A great substitute for name brand versions. It is priced really well too. It has a ton of sugar in it so I tend to stay away. On a budget, how everyone, the price and size is hard to beat. At least it tastes pretty good and not terrible.

• feeshea By  feeshea
    08.04.16

Great taste

I like these Marshmallow Mateys as much as the name brand . They cost less and tastes just as good.

• bspring By  bspring
    07.28.16

Tastes good

Good price/quality ratio. I don't notice too much of a difference between these cereals and the similar name brand ones. It's a little too sweet for my tastes, but sometimes I'll mix it with Cheerios or a similar cereal.

• Ardieterle By  Ardieterle
    07.18.16

We buy these when we can't get Luck Charms on sale. Will sometimes buy& put into the empty Luck Charms box, kids can't tell a difference& it saves money!

• siyue52 By  siyue52
    07.06.16

Matey's

Marshmallow Matey's are pretty good. These are my family's after dinner snack or dessert. When ever we need something sweet this is the choice we go to. They are like an addiction or a emotional comfort food. It is better than the name brand Lucky Charms because there is no magic involved. It has a good ratio of marshmallows to cereal pieces. It probably isn't the most nutritious because it still has the colors and sugar but you kind of know that going into it with the name starting with Marshmallow.