Littermaid Self Cleaning Litter Pan | SheSpeaks

• heatherwatson By  heatherwatson
    04.28.17

I have 4 cats these machines are only good if u have 1 cat only do not buy the noise scares the cats bottom line though only buy if u have 1 cat

• iDachs By  iDachs
    01.18.12

I just recieved a used model, as we adopted a cat from a family and all her supplies came with her. We have other cats and have always just used the regular littler pans that we clean. I am not sure what is wrong with this new pan, but when I turned it on, it did a sweep and quit. Then one of the cats used the litter pan, and when the pan started its cleaning process, it never quit!! I had to shut it off, because it went on and on for over 5 minutes. I am not sure what to do about it? Any suggestions and the pan never came with any instructions.

• keva1022 By  keva1022
    03.13.11

Im shocked to read all the other bad reviews on this too. I bought this for my 2 cats and it was horrible !!! After 2 days of using it the pad weighed about 50 pounds and seeped through 2 trash bags when I was changing it, and I didnt know, and figured it out when I could not figure out which cat I "thought" must have urinated on something in my kitchen. I realized after smelling around for an hour that it was right where I put the trash bag and have been using any and everything to get the smell out. The pads definatly do not last a week. With 2 cats maybe a day at best and that was pushing it. I hated it !! :o(

• kathyhakim By  kathyhakim
    09.12.10

• Earthpots By  Earthpots
    10.30.09

I've always had the basic model, just 1 kitty here. The plus is just a larger version of the basic. You can mod a LitterMaid, see litterbox-central.com for ideas. Cat poohs in the far corner by the rake? Tape a plastic coat hanger over top of box, a few inches out from the rake. Cat now can't hit the corner anymore. Use grocery bags to line the bins. If you elevate box (I put mine on a modified resin patio end table (cut the legs down with a saw), and cut out the bottom of the bin, then put a dishpan underneath, you can fill a grocery bag up. I can go up to 2 weeks without changing the bag with 1 cat. My only problem with LM, is the infrared sensor fails, so you have to manually operate the box. Newer LN models come with a sifting scoop that had prongs for removing stuff that gets caught in the tines, and a track cleaning brush. I may use these maintenance tools about once a week. I typically use Clorox brand litters (ScoopAway and Fresh Step), and have few issues.

• Ellayem By  Ellayem
    09.26.09

I had one of these and ended up going back to a traditional box. I have two Bengal cats that like to use the litter box one after the other. The load they created was too big for the Littermaid to handle. This problem is most likely due to my cat's habits, not the actual box. I know others who love it,. It just wasn't right for our household.

• Desertlover By  Desertlover
    07.07.09

I absolutely loved my Littermaid litterbox!! I have four cats and it keeps the litter clean for each cat after they use it. I don't have litterbox odors, although I did try a variety of litters to see which would work the best and Tidy Cat Multiple Cat clumping in the red box is the best. I could not live without this, my cats love it too.

• excelcia69 By  excelcia69
    06.14.09

years ago I had a unit that lasted over 2 years. after that I was replacing the units every couple of months due to the motor going bad (I only have 2 cats!) or the rake getting stuck in the UP position............ I have recently gotten the Cat Genie ( a bit more expensive but I can get a discount for those that are interested.........) this unit washes and dries and sanitizes plastic pellets and flushes the waste down your own toilet! No problems with this unit and I am happy to say I am saving tons of money without using litter anymore!

• cartersplus2 By  cartersplus2
    05.29.09

WE ARE ON OUR 2ND ONE...OUR 1ST ONE HAD ISSUES, SO THE COMPANY REPLACED IT. WE HAVE HAD OUR LITTER MAID FOR 3 YEARS NOW...HOWEVER I AM NOT IMPRESSED WITH THIS PRODUCT AT ALL! IT IS VERY MESSY...SOMETIMES THE TRACKS GET "STUFF" ALL OVER THEM AND YOU HAVE TO CLEAN THOSE OFF. SOMETIMES ONE OF OUR CATS WILL SCRATCH THE LITTER TO ONE SIDE OF THE BOX THEN THE LITTER MAID CANT RUN THROUGH IT AND IT JUST KEEPS MAKING THIS LOUD NOISE UNTIL SOMEONE FIXES IT. IF IT WERE ME CREATING THIS THING...I THINK I WOULD HAVE MADE TEETH TALLER SO THEY CAN RUN THROUGH THE LITTER WHEN A CAT PILES IT TO ONE SIDE., AND THE TREYS SHOULD BE A LITTLE EASIER TO GET OUT TOO. IF THEY MADE A FEW ADJUSTMENTS I THINK THIS PRODUCT COULD BE A LOT BETTER THAN IT IS.

• twdavis By  twdavis
    03.23.09

I couldn't wait to purchase one of these. I thought these were the greatest invention EVER. I was wrong. I was embarrased to, but I DID return it to the store. It was loud and scared my cat into NOT using it. (Maybe if you had a young kitten that would be trained to accept the change in boxes?) It was messy, and the little clumps would clog the comb. The door over the recepticle would never close on it's own. It was also pretty expensive for all of the problems that I had with it.