Katherine Center How to Walk Away | SheSpeaks

• Mdblasioli By  Mdblasioli
    06.21.18

Loved it!!!

I was so surprised at how much I loved this book. I received it for free through the SheSpeaks program, and I could not be more thrilled. This book was outstanding and I truly did not want to put it down. From the beginning of the story, I fell in love with the characters and wanted to learn more about them. I am not going to give any spoilers away, but the book is fantastic all the way through. The ending is not a disappointment, and I did not see it coming!! I would recommend this to anyone who is looking for a romance novel.

• jannL7 By  jannL7
    06.20.18

Perfect Summer Read

This book is the perfect summer read! You'll laugh, you'll cry, and you won't want it to end! I received an advance reader copy from the publisher for an honest review.

• onemused By  onemused
    04.21.18

Wow, what a fantastic book! I wish I could give it ten stars! "How to Walk Away" was not what I expected, and I absolutely loved every single page of this motivating rom-com style novel. The novel begins with Margaret celebrating Valentine's Day with her WASPy boyfriend, Chip- she just knows that this is the time, and he is going to propose- but with her biggest fear- a flight. Although she gets the expected proposal, what she doesn't expect is the plane crash that follows. The word Margaret hears the most in the days following is "lucky," but she cannot feel lucky when her legs won't work and much of her body is burnt. Margaret knows that things will not be as simple as her mother wishes to believe, but this is her life, so she has to do what she must. The hospital assigned her to the only surly and unpleasant physical therapist, Ian- a Scottish man who makes Margaret's life harder- and insists on calling her Maggie. However, the best part of the book was the familial relationships that develop throughout the novel. Margaret's relationships with her mother and sister in particular really shine in the novel. The book is an interesting combination of tragedy, comedy, and relationships- romantic and familial- that I found absolutely captivating. I could not put this book down; it definitely became one of my favorites! I would love to see this adapted for a movie, as I think it would be amazing as a rom-com! This book touched my heart, made me laugh, made me think, and made me want to reread it immediately! I can't rave enough about this fantastic story! Please note that I received an ARC from the publisher. All opinions are my own.