Jodi Picoult My Sisters Keeper | SheSpeaks

• debsmad debsmad
    04.01.12

I had wanted to read this so bad, for so long, but for whatever reason kept passing it up. When I finally read it I was disappointed. I don't like stories that jump from one person's point of view to another and this one jumps around among SO many people it was often hard to keep things straight. If it would have maybe just stuck to the two sisters it would have helped. I was so let down by the ending too. I was like "What??? What a cop out!" But still, if you can get past all the bouncing around it is a touching story. The younger sister was conceived and born pretty much to be a medical aid in the older sister's battle against cancer. If marrow or whatever was needed, it came from the younger sister. But eventually it really does become 'How much is too much?' and 'When is enough, enough?'

• Mich81 By  Mich81
    09.28.16

An interesting topic that really makes you think. I had a lot of different feelings go on while reading it. The movie was decent as well. It really left me feeling bad for both girls.

• minaob By  minaob
    04.02.12

This book was a great read. It keeps you interested all along, and you become so involved with the characters' lives. It gets you thinking about what is right or wrong, and keeps you in until the last page.

• debsmad By  debsmad
    04.01.12

• mfk712 By  mfk712
    03.07.12

Great book!! The ending was really unexpected. An excellent read and hard to put down!

• heymeg15 By  heymeg15
    03.07.12

The book keeps you thinking and never lets you settle on one point of view. You stay curious...I was never quite sure whose "side" to be on.

• snols82 By  snols82
    01.06.12

Jodi Picoult's books are good reads. This one is both heart wrenching and gut twisting.

• cubsgirl21 By  cubsgirl21
    01.06.12

I'm probably in the minority here, but I absolutely hated this book! The writing was trite and predictable, and the characters flat and stereotypical. The ending was a total cop out too. The only reason I finished the book was to find out why the lawyer had the service dog. Hands down the worst book I've ever read.

• DebsHere By  DebsHere
    12.12.11

Jodi is one of my favorites and this book did not let me down.It was such a good read that I did not want to put it down once that I started reading it. She has a way of drawing you in and making you feel the joy and pain of each person in the book! Love her!!

• ncdebbieb By  ncdebbieb
    12.07.11

Jodi Picoult is my favorite author ever!! Everything she writes is amazing

• Lorelfs1 By  Lorelfs1
    12.07.11

One of the best books I have ever read. Not only is the story excellent, but it gets you thinking. Read the book before watching the movie.