Ina Garten Barefoot Contessa at Home | SheSpeaks

• EmmaDalrymple By  EmmaDalrymple
    09.19.11

I grade every recipe I try, and every single one I've made from this cookbook has been an A, making it my go-to when I need cooking inspiration for an easy, delicious meal. The food is so comforting and delicious--lemon fusilli with arugula; mozzarella, pesto, and tomato paninis; California BLTs--and so easy to make. She doesn't call for esoteric ingredients, strange equipment, or processes that are difficult to understand; every ingredient is easily obtainable and necessary to the taste of the dish, and doesn't require a whole lot of work (like Emeril's recipes do) to get there. Additionally, I just love Ina Garten's voice--she tells the story of the provenance of each recipe, and provides table-setting and other advice between chapter. She seems like such a welcoming, friendly person. I adore this cookbook!