Guthy Renker Sheer Cover | SheSpeaks

• amymille5 amymille5
    07.02.09

I have tried Sheer Cover nad Bare minerals. In my opinion after using both, I feel like they don't live up to the hype. I have dry skin in some areas and have to use a moisturizer. When I put the makeup on after the moisturizer, it feels gooey. If I don't use the moisturizer then the makeup looks cakey. I admit that I like the free gifts that come along with them but I think that I will stick to the liquid makeup. Seems to work better for me.

• Smgssg By  Smgssg
    09.23.11

This one of those okay products but not worth the hassle to order. I like L'Oreal mineral make up better....except the concealer.

• Angelica1025 By  Angelica1025
    08.14.09

I have hate mineral makeup. they always look powdery and chalky. Iv tried this before and it's awful as espically in the sunlight. it does a terrible job covering up blemishes and it highlights peach fuz. Iv also tried bear minerals it doesn't do much the brushes are nice though. and the mineral eye shadows are very pigminted!!

• nds313 By  nds313
    07.21.09

i recommend applying moisturizer on the face right out of the shower, allowing it to fully absorb (about 15-20 minutes) before applying sheer cover. sheer cover's primer also works nicely so you have a nice canvas and no dry spots. i used to have super dry skin spots and the makeup would look flakey and applying moisturizer and allowing it to absorb fully helped. :0)

• klayton023 By  klayton023
    07.12.09

I have somewhat dry skin and when I used it, it made it worse no matter what moisturiser I used. Yes it gave me really good coverage and wish I could still use it.

• dubsxoxo5 By  dubsxoxo5
    07.07.09

I tried Sheer Cover before I tried Bare Minerals and for me, Sheer Cover was a lot better. My skin looked completely flawless afterward and it really did look airbrushed!! I totally agree with you about how it is not sold in stores!! The company should definitely consider selling in stores, I think they could make a lot more $$..

• ssisson12 By  ssisson12
    07.05.09

I have used sheer cover. For what I need it for I think it's great!!!

• ternske By  ternske
    07.05.09

I was a Sheer Cover user for years, but when they stopped selling it in Bed, Bath & Beyond i decided to try Bare Minerals. Once my Bare MInerals supply runs out i will definitely be switching back to Sheer Coverage. I think that the makeup gives your skin a more flawless look. I highly recommend Sheer Cover to everyone.

• amymille5 By  amymille5
    07.02.09

• emac79 By  emac79
    07.01.09

I was a Bare Minerals user for years, but decided to buy cheaper make-up when my husband and I started watching our money a bit closer. Everything mineral based make-up I tried over the counter, from Almay to Maybaline, just didn't seem to give me enough long-lasting, even coverage. I was about to buck up for Bare Minerals again when I saw an infomercial for Sheer Cover. They had a money back guarantee, so I gave it a shot. It does give awesome, even coverage and it feels like there is nothing on (unlike liquid make-ups). The starter kit came with two colors so I am able to mix a perfect shade depending on my summer tan. The free gifts with purchase were nice (esp the concealer), although the brushes seem to shed a little too much. I will order this again, as the price just can't be beat and it seems to do very much the same thing as Bare Minerals. The online store has a ton of stuff to ad to the kit, and it is all priced pretty close to top OTC brands, so I don't feel like I am spending too much. I just really wish I could pop into a store to pick up more mascara or whatever, like you can with Bare Minerals.