A new survey found that Americans spend an average of thirty minutes each day in the bathroom, which adds up to almost eight days a year. Now, we’re not sure whether this half hour includes time spent showering, blow drying hair, and , because if that’s the case, thirty minutes seems pretty short.
Either way, made us realize that the bathroom is like a second home, so why not make it more livable? After the jump, fifteen ways to make your toilet time enjoyable and productive.
1. While you’re sitting on the toilet, multi-task by getting rid of calluses with a Ped-Egg or filing your fingernails.
2. Buy a plant that will do well in a moist environment.
3. Invest in a magnifying mirror and tweezing eyebrows will become more of an exact science.
4. Bring in a portable iPod speaker, but make sure to keep it well away from water.
5. Move your TV so it’s visible from the tub. Bathe while watching .
6. Don’t be afraid of texting or emailing while on the toilet. But talking on the toilet? Unacceptable. Nothing ruins a reputation like the sound of flushing in the background.
7. Put a fuzzy rug or towel on the floor so your feet won’t hit cold tile when you hop out of the shower.
8. Decant your hand soap, shampoo, and conditioner into pretty containers for a glamorous hotel room atmosphere.
9. Toss your moldy shower curtain, and replace it with .
10. Hang a piece of art or a photograph behind the toilet, and gentleman callers will have something pleasant to look at while they pee.
11. Invest in a . Eureka! moments always happen when you’re in the shower.
12. Paint the walls with stripes. It will make you feel like you’re in a boudoir, because you are.
13. Replace your shower head with a fancy one that makes it feel like you’re standing in a pleasant rain storm.
14. Keep in the room, and toilet-users won’t have to scream and beg for someone to bring them a new roll.
15. Put a little clock on the counter so you never spend too much time in the bathroom.
I once stayed in a hotel in Sydney, Australia that had a glass wall between the bathtub and the bedroom so that you could see the TV. They even included a speaker system that piped in music and television audio. It was kind of decadent!
i pod speakers are great & fuzy rug too ... i also like the foamy soap too .. however tv in the bathroom is totally ridiculous
yeah if I had a bigger bedroom it would be great anywhere have waterprood notebooks at a good deal? online they are expensive
well i think some of these ideas are neat. We do have a flat screen in our bathroom, plants, nice bottles, fuzzy rugs most of that stuff.
number 10, The better be looking where they are peeing. so, it doesn't end up all over the place
a bathroom with a tv? is kind of crazy, when i think about my bathroom i jus think how to clean it!
A fine line between pretty, pampering, functional and sanitary. ...I have liked my tv being moved so I can see it through the open bathroom door from the tub. 8,13, and 14 are do able too. And no need for 15 if I'm watching the tv, if the shows over... I've been in there too long.
number 5 cracks me up cant u live without a tv long enough to get a bath or shower!number 15 is funny too I never need a clock to tell me i spend too long in there!
I think a tv in the bathroom is silly !
i think that prettying up the place is a nice idea. i know i need to get rid of that old shower curtain! toilet tatoos from tatouage designs are really cool and you can change them with your mood or occaision ( top of the lid in the down position). i have one that looks like a rainforest. i tried to do the pretty decanter thing for hand soap, but i chipped the one i bought. i really like the foamy hand soap better and i have never seen a decanter for those. avon sells yummy scented hand soap in short fat pump bottles that can fit in a special holder along with a matching lotion dispenser. they have been on sale lately. i like the uncle whatever blah blah blah bathroom reader books too. they look nicer in the "john" than magazines.
um...a bathroom is a bathroom, don't make it into a bedroom. the only thing i have to worry about is that it stays clean since mold is easier to grow in damp moist environment. i won't go that far in prettying up the place, but then that is just me. i like everything as empty as possible.