Ergo Baby Carrier | SheSpeaks Reviews

• jintoki jintoki
    02.26.15

I purchased this based off of so many positive reviews. Unfortunately, none of the reviews I found nor the product description mentioned that I would not be able to use this without the infant carrier when the baby is under four months of age, despite having exceeded the weight limit of the infant carrier. My baby is past the minimum weight requirement, but was not old enough to use the carrier. I think this had to do with the fact that at a young age, the baby's hip and legs aren't able to spread out enough for the carrier to work. Additionally, the instructions are very visual (images rather than wordy description). Good for the visual minded, but it took me a little while to really understand how to adjust the carrier properly for my body stature. It isn't very easy to adjust by myself, so I needed help with the initial set up. Once that is done, however, it isn't so hard to put the baby in the carrier on my own.

• Artisticnic By  Artisticnic
    05.16.18

Best carrier!

This carrier is super comfortable and can be positioned a few different ways which is awesome. My favorite thing about it is the napping hood. It has helped me so much when I needed to keep baby sleeping on the go!

• helloislandmama By  helloislandmama
    04.29.18

life saver!

So easy to wear with my baby and even toddler. It is a life saver as a mom of three boys. I wear this when im at home, walking around with my kids while pushing stroller and most especially if i do mini grocery with my three boys. i highly recommended this ergo baby carrier for moms out there!

• MotherEarth406 By  MotherEarth406
    02.01.18

Baby wearing must have

I?ve seen a lot of reviews stating this was a regret purchase because of it not be able to support newborn infant weight. With most of the top of the line baby carriers such as this, an infant insert will be needed in your carrier to help support your infant and wear them safely. You can purchase these on various websites, just about anywhere that sells the Ergo carrier. This carrier is optimal for comfort and is most impressive because of how easy it is to get baby in and out. You can front our back carry depending on your babies weight as well. All in all, a great product and a good investment for just about any parent.

• MarcieinMommyland By  MarcieinMommyland
    01.09.18

Not very padded

It?s ok in a pinch, but lacks adequate shoulder padding. I much prefer the Tula.

• Kissurluckystarsx By  Kissurluckystarsx
    10.04.17

This is my brand! I went through so many different baby carrier/wearer products and this was the only one that was easy to take on and off and allow my child to be both outward and inward facing. Plus mine had pockets that fit my cell, debit cards, and keys in perfectly.. I mean who wants to lug a bunch of crap around plus a small baby, not me.

• mchoodies By  mchoodies
    06.23.17

Quick and easy ups with baby

We got our first Ergo in 2011 when we were expecting our first child. It was the tip of the iceberg for me getting into babywearing, so obviously at the beginning I was nervous about having everything just right. The Ergo is pretty much a no-frills carrier, in my opinion, and you really can't screw much up. It's super easy to use and fairly comfortable. I say fairly comfortable because since 2011, we have added many woven wraps and a mei tei to the mix and those are so much more secure feeling for me. I do have broad shoulders and I still feel sometimes as if the straps of the Ergo are too far apart and might slip off my shoulders. I've corrected and tightened the back and arm straps to help this, but it's just the overall feeling...so I cannot fathom how narrow parents can wear this comfortably and confidently. It's a great carrier to leave in the trunk of your car for any unplanned stops or trips. It's great for quick up's with baby (like running errands) and is quickly adjusted so any member of the family can carry baby. I do appreciate that it washes up really well... I toss ours in the washer and line dry (although, I have tossed in the dryer before too).

• yvonneB By  yvonneB
    06.09.17

A Carrier Above The Rest

This was by far the best purchase I made before my son was born. I knew that being a busy mom with a 5 year old I was going to need a good carrier. I had seen many reviews and heard from many how great the Ergo carrier was for them. I decided to take the plunge and make this investment. I had to purchase the newborn insert separately, but I am so impressed with this carrier. I used it my son was only two weeks old in order to get simple household chores done. We also homestead, so I would put my son in the carrier and he would join me to feed animals and work in the garden. He is one now and I have used it occasionally when we go for a walk on a trail and the stroller is not a good option. I think this carrier should be on every moms list as it truly is worth every penny!!

• jillyb0917 By  jillyb0917
    01.26.17

Would use this for every baby

Loved this carrier. It was great for traveling through the airport and security. I was able to keep it on with my baby and go through the metal detectors. We took this to Disneyworld and on many walks throughout our neighborhood. I think this helps keep baby close to you, and keeps baby feeling safe. My personal negative about this is that it attracted lint very quickly. I was constantly lint brushing the carrier and straps. If I had to buy one I would buy a light color and not the black for that reason.

• resmiley03 By  resmiley03
    08.22.16

Happy baby

I love this carrier! I have tried slings and other carriers, this was the best! It is soft, easy to use and convenient.

• llmitchell By  llmitchell
    08.10.16

I have used this with both of my daughters. It's comfortable and easy to use. I never leave home without it. It's great for travel, makes airports much easier to navigate. I recommend it highly.