When the weather gets colder, we love family dinners that are tasty and hearty. We’re excited to share one of our favorite recipes with you featuring Smithfield All Natural Fresh Pork.
Smithfield All Natural, available at Walmart, is naturally tender and juicy without added steroids, hormones or artificial ingredients. Company-owned farms and hundreds of American farm families produce pork that is proudly raised in the USA and USDA Process Verified. This helps produce a consistent, quality product every time!
Win a $50 Walmart Gift Card!
How To Enter
Comment below to answer the question - What’s your favorite pork recipe?
Tweet about the giveaway:
Click here to Tweet: "I entered the @SheSpeaksUp & #SmithfieldPork giveaway to win a $50 @Walmart gift card! bit.ly/smithfieldpork"
Festive Fall Carnitas Recipe
3 to 4 Pound Smithfield All Natural Pork Butt or Shoulder
2 Tbs. Fuego Spice Mix Rub (see below instructions)
1 Orange, Quartered
1 Heaping Tsp. Chopped Fresh Garlic
1 Heaping Tsp. Ground Cumin
1 Tsp. Fresh Ground Black Pepper
1 16-oz. bottle of Coke
1 oz. Soy Sauce
1 Small Can of Pineapple Juice
Juice of 1 Lime
Fuego Spice Mix
2 Tsp. Cayenne Pepper
2 Tbs. Salt
2 Tsp. White Pepper
2 Tbs. Black Pepper
2 Tbs. Granulated Garlic
2 Tbs. Chili Powder
2 tbs. Oregano
1. Cube the pork into 2 to 3 inch chunks.
2. Place the pork into a large bowl and sprinkle with the Fuego spice mix, pepper and cumin. Toss to coat generously.
3. Squeeze orange quarters over the pork. Add all other ingredients and toss to coat the pork. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for 12 to 24 hours.
4. When you're ready to cook, heat a large heavy-bottom pot over medium heat with enough shortening to sear the sides of the pork cubes. Add the pork to the pan and sear on all sides (do this in batches). Make sure to scrape the bowl and add all the left-over liquid from the marinade.
5. Bring to a boil, then cover the pan and put it into a 300ºF oven and cook for 1 ½ to 2 hours until very tender.
6. Flake the pork with a fork and serve with flour tortillas. Optional accompaniments include guacamole, sour cream, shredded cheese and other toppings used on tacos.
Tip! The carnitas freeze well for an easy dinner on a busy night.
Fuego Spice Mix Directions:
1. Combine all ingredients and mix well. Store in an air tight container for up to 6 months.
One lucky commenter (or tweeter) will be chosen at random to receive a $50 Walmart gift card. Giveaway is open to U.S. residents only. Enter through 12/10. Winner will be chosen randomly by 12/15 and notified by email.