Elizabeth Gilbert Eat Pray Love One Womans Search for Everything Across Italy India and Indonesia | SheSpeaks

• Page55 Page55
    01.26.12

This book has received great reviews but I thought it was so-so; I skipped half of the section on Italy because it was not interesting to me. All the whining and crying about her failed marriage wore a little thin. The sections on India and Indonesia were a little more appealing. And, I really did not need/want to know the details of her bladder infection after several encounters with her new boyfriend . . .

• Connie1963 By  Connie1963
    02.07.19

Book

Pretty good book,could been better in many,many ways.But it's good for a bedtimevbook,to bore you to sleep aleast.

• LondonLove2007 By  LondonLove2007
    07.31.13

As an English, I could find almost no literary value in this book. As an avid chick-lit reader, I had even more trouble with it. The main character is so self-involved and doesn't engage the reader whatsoever. She feels all too important and talks in cliches. Instead of empowering women, I feel like she stepped into stereotypes that otherwise could have been avoided.

• bwbw33 By  bwbw33
    04.14.13

i had a hard time finishing this book. Maybe a shortened version would have improved it. And I thought the movie just as repetitive & boring. With all the hype i wanted to enjoy it but that didnt happen

• kearaj By  kearaj
    03.29.13

I absolutely loved this book. I enjoy a good back that I can relate to the world around me as well as one that can keep me hooked - even through rough sections of the story. This book did it all. I would recommend this for a good beach read!

• rstone215 By  rstone215
    01.30.12

I agree with cammith. i was not impressed. I had to force myself to read it.

• cammih By  cammih
    01.27.12

I felt I should offer a review of this book since I seem to be one of the few that DISLIKED this book. BLAK! Thought it was so boring and shallow. Because this woman is bored with her life and unable to find happiness in anything around her, she travels to other far away places to escape. Yes, she has some adventure but does that really provide a lasting happiness? I thought she was immature and shallow. There's my opinion... and that's what it is.. MY OPINION.

• Lynnzie By  Lynnzie
    01.26.12

Loved this book! Character Main protagonist developed and had significant changes throughout. Also found the plot appealing. Must confess I think the movie ruined it.

• carlsbadmom By  carlsbadmom
    01.26.12

I thought this was just ok. I thought it was upity and didn't really care for it.

• Page55 By  Page55

• TheresaHuse By  TheresaHuse
    01.25.12

I really enjoyed this book. It was an easy read that takes you along with the story of her personal journey and rediscovering herself. By knowing herself better she opened up again to the next things in life, like loving again.