Makes: 3 bowls
My son wouldn't eat big fried onion chunks on top so I omitted that from his bowl, but he loved the dish and asked for seconds.
boil in bag rice
ite brown sugar , divided
Smart Balance light
1. Heat skillet with olive oil
2. Cut onion into small bite sized pieces and throw into skillet, season with salt and pepper.
3. Start the water for the bag rice, put in bag rice when boiling low.
4. Add the frozen carrots on top of the bag rice and let thaw out and cook til soft (quick, about 4 min).
5. Onions should be browning so push them to side of skillet and add frozen mushrooms and peas.
6. Add the thawed and soft carrots to the food processor.
7. After the peas and mushrooms have thawed and fried up a bit in the skillet (til soft), add to food processor.
8. Stir around the onions and put 1 small spoonful of them into processor.
9. Dump rice (and any carrots you've missed) into strainer and open each bag of rice and dump back into pot that you cooked rice in
10. Add soy sauce, pineapple, 1/4 cup brown sugar to food processor and blend all until everything is in small, unrecognizable pieces
11. Dump food processor mixture into rice and stir in
12. Add orange juice, butter, and 1/4 cup brown sugar and stir.
13. Let sit for a few minutes to marinate flavors together, stirring often
14. Divide into four bowls, top with fried onions
15. Salt and pepper!!
via I made this up!