Easter Is On Its Way: Easter Basket Money-Saving Tips
It's that time of year again, time to figure out what to put in those Easter baskets! Here are my money-saving tips:
- Reuse baskets. Year to year, I use the same baskets for each family member.
- Fill with non-Easter packaged candy. I've noticed that Easter candy has a mark-up on it. Pick up a few of those Easter-themed treat bags and fill with silver Hershey kisses or colorful Skittles.
- Toys. If you don't like stocking the basket with candy, stop by your local dollar store or the $1 section at Target and pick up toys. Also check the party aisle at Target. They sell bags of party favors for $3, but this can be a good deal too if you need to make a lot of baskets.
- Use those coupons! Target and Walmart start marking down their Easter clearance as the holiday gets closer. Match up with coupons for more savings!
- Skip buying Easter grass. You could also shred up colorful tissue or wrapping paper and that would make a great filler for Easter baskets.
- Stock up for next year. I try and stock up at the end of each Easter season for the following year. Items like basket grass, baskets, toys, are good to stock up on.
- Here are some non-candy ideas:
- birdfeeder kits
- dollar store beaded jewelry
- nail polish
- dollar store perfume
- homemade trail mix
- seed packets
- gift cards
- gel pens
- construction paper
- card decks
- mini photo albums
- pocket calendars
- change purse
- book of magic tricks
- travel games
Do you have any favorite tips for saving on Easter baskets?
For great deals, freebies and more, check out Savingsmania.com. As one of the original money-saving blogs, Savingsmania.com has been blogging and saving you money since 2003- http://www.savingsmania.com/