Dyson DC 14 Animal Vacuum Cleaner | SheSpeaks

• cbaker By  cbaker
    07.08.11

I have owned my Dyson for a few years now. I do love it but I'm not thrilled with the way the hose works. Sometimes it is hard to maneuver because of it's design and my hose has already cracked and broken. It's going to cost over $50 to get a replacement hose on a vacuum that's only a few years old. Other than the hose, I've had no problems.

• lvknisley By  lvknisley
    05.12.11

The old saying you get what you pay for really rings true with this vacuum! We have had ours for over 5 years and it is AMAZING! We have a dog who sheds a lot and we use this vacuum almost every day and it has never lost suction! It is easy to pick up and move around and works great on carpet and hard wood floors.

• mezalkb By  mezalkb
    04.12.11

I have never owned a better vaccuum. We even bought one for the office because it is so good. Just had the office machine repaired and it was only $13!! part are easy to get and the machine is easy to operate and clean. It is expensive but worth saving for, you will never regret it.

• Shannontish By  Shannontish
    12.28.10

I cannot tell you how much I love my dyson! I was a skeptic at first when my husband bought it for me for Mothers Day in 2009 - but I am not now. I have a tendancy to break the vaccum on a daily basis, but not this one! Its soo user friendly - if I suck something up I shouldn't have, retrieveal is easy! With 5 cats and 2 dogs (only 2 of them have short hair) this makes cleaning a snap!

• browneyes78 By  browneyes78
    09.21.10

I have a Dyson.... I really like it. I've had it for 4 yrs now. I had some part on the bottom break or something a yr or so ago, I called Dyson and they mailed me the part. No questions asked. I paid over $500 for mine, hefty price, but think about this..... if you buy a cheap vac and have to replace it every yr....how much does that add up to after 4 or 5 yrs? Has it lost suction.....I'm sure that's a question ppl want to know because they claim their vacs don't. I can only give you my opinion on this.... but I don't think it has. It still does a great job after all these yrs. I have had as many as 3 dogs at once while owning this vac. I have had stuff get caught up in it, pulled it out, vac still ran although it stunk for awhile, I thought it was burnt up....now the smell has gone away and vac is still going. I would hate if this thing stopped working because I couldn't replace it.

• wordwrangler By  wordwrangler
    09.18.10

If it ever comes into a price range we can afford I'd buy one. However, at their current price there is no way we will purchase one. The retail price is nearly half our house payment and, being on a tight budget, we don't have the ability to just put out almost $300 for a vacuum cleaner. My biggest gripe about this product is its price. It is out of the reach of probably a good 1/4 to 1/3 of average American households.

• dianegug By  dianegug
    09.16.10

I received my Dyson as a Christmas gift, probably one of the best gifts ever. I have six children and this vaccuum keeps right up with our busy life. I don't have to spend extra time going over the same area several times to be sure it's clean. I know it's picking up everything the first time, it's amazing to see the amount of dirt it gets. Love my Dyson.

• Kristi By  Kristi
    09.15.10

This vacuum is well worth the price. I have recommended it to everyone. It's pretty amazing how much it picks up, especially cat hair. Easy to empty also. I've had all types of vacuums and none compare. If I had the money, I would buy another one so I didn't have to carry it up and down the steps.

• Stellasmom By  Stellasmom
    09.21.09

I love my Dyson DC14 and would purchase another if I ever need another vacuum.

• jennrapko By  jennrapko
    09.11.09

Dyson makes the best vacuums from my experience. I used to go through vacuums every 6 months, I've had this one for over 5 years now! When this vacuum dies, it's going to be a sad day.