Diva Cup Model 2 | SheSpeaks

• XjemmX XjemmX
    08.09.12

I have been using my DivaCup since 2007. I was never a fan of tampons, and pads were just never comfortable or gave the right level of protection. When I was a teenager I remember seeing an ad in Seventeen or one of those magazines for the Keeper, and I knew eventually I would try something like it because I loved the idea of something reusable. Thanks to the Internet years later I was reintroduced to the idea, and found a great deal online. I have not looked back, and never will. It only took a few days to get the complete hang of, and I feel like I know myself and my cycle much better because of it. Granted, on some of my heaviest days I have to empty my cup every hour or so (even with size 2) but it is so much easier than leaking with a pad or tampon after just 30 minutes or less like I experienced before. Strangely enough I swear that when it gets full, the small air bubble from insertion moves just enough to clue me in to go check, right before any leaking occurs. This of course is a sensation I learned after a few months of use, and I'm a pro now after 5 years! On light days I can empty it and rinse it in the morning at home, then do the same before I go to bed, with absolutely no worries all day long. I LOVE it. I feel much cleaner, never dried out or irritated (aside from the few times I put it in slightly low and crooked and poked myself with the stem. Many women trim the stem for this reason.) Currently I am investigating other brands which are all over the world, because I am looking for something a little softer and without the same stem. I know many women from the menstrual cup group on LJ who became cup addicts once a variety of cups were available, especially with the brands that have different colors and styles. I have recommended this and other cups to many women, and they all fall in love with it also after years of hating their periods. Give it a shot!

• Jazzilove By  Jazzilove
    07.06.19

Must buy

I love these cups they are comfortable they have also reduced my cramping since using them you don?t feel with why wearing they do not stretch you out they like form against your vaginal wall but once you get use to this product it?s a breeze every month

• SpiritPixie By  SpiritPixie
    06.20.19

Best option to date

CW - Personal details of intimate nature. This is a very blunt and honest review of this product in hopes of helping others. I bought my DivaCup model 2 after some extensive research. I have had a hemorrhaging problem since I started my period 28 years ago, maxing out at approx 120ml on the average "heavy" day. I only switched to tampons in my 20s because of my work conditions and the availability of Tampax's Ultra Pearl tampon. Still, after having my daughter my cycle changed again and my flow became erratic. Tampons came at the risk of either severe leakage or sticking due to sudden lack of flow. So I took a chance. I love my DivaCup. I did break down and bought a second one so I can keep a spare on me for days when I know I absolutely will not have access to a private bathroom between changes. (Several reasons there, not limited to suddenly losing sensation in my hands, and allergies to ingredients in most of the wipes you can use with menstrual cups in place of washing them.) There are times it leaks, but that comes down to my hemorrhaging problem which can exceed the very large capacity of the cup and my anatomy. (Careful of lower body or full body stretches if you have a particularly strong pelvic floor muscle and are on a heavy flow or clotting day.) The top line reads 15 but you can get approx 30 ml of fluid in the cup before it leaks. If it exceeds the top line you risk some leakage and it can be messy to remove, you can find how to remove it with minimal spill with usage and time. But honestly, I find fingers are easier to clean up than thighs and clothing so it's an acceptable trade-off. With every feminine product comes risks of some sort. I recommend you do your own research and weigh the pros, cons, and options. There are a lot of amazing YouTube video reviews on the different cups out there.

• Coffeelady By  Coffeelady
    06.19.19

Worry free period

This cup has been a real game changer. You can actually go out for the entire day without thinking about your period once. I did have to trim down the stem. I did buy the extra cleaner with this product.

• nimarahbar By  nimarahbar
    06.19.19

Never going back!

Absolutely amazing, a little hard to put in not gonna lie but once you get the hang of it you can save thousands of dollars, these things last forever and I mean forever. It is so easy to clean and store!!

• Hairbyjc89 By  Hairbyjc89
    06.18.19

Love the Diva Cup

I love my Diva Cup. I have tried a few different types of cups which were too flexible so it would not seal properly. The diva cup is easy to insert and remove. It is also leak free. I had friends say that the Diva cup was horrible but instead I tried it anyways and this is all I use now.

• Senoraspeaks27 By  Senoraspeaks27
    06.07.19

Never going back to tampons!

I love my Diva Cup! I actually still use the Model 1, even though I have had children. The Model 2 is recommended for those who have given birth, but I've found the Model 1 is still a great fit for me. I never have leaks (I always had leaks with tampons), and I like that I don't need to worry about the possibility of TSS. I would recommend the Diva Cup to anyone but would say give it 3 cycles before deciding it isn't for you. Inserting/removing the cup is easy once you get the hang of it. I'm never going back to tampons.

• Slitgirl By  Slitgirl
    05.28.19

Diva cup all the way.

I love this product. It was a little hard to get used to at first but after a couple of trys getting it in, it works very good. A little messy getting the full cup out, but I will keep using it. The feel of having it inside me reminds me of when I used a diaphragm to keep from getting pregnant before I switched to the pill for birth control.

• Thor11 By  Thor11
    05.23.19

I spent a lot of time looking into menstrual cups before making the switch because the idea was real confusing (mostly I was looking at the discs too which looks WAY bigger). I finally made the switch last month to the model 1, after reading all the reviews and watching videos that all said there was gonna be a learning curve and you have to get the hang of it, I was not expecting it to be as easy as it was. Was comfortable, couldn't even feel it and it DID NOT LEAK ONCE. Love it. I never liked pads because it feels like a diaper and tampons dry everything out and makes it painful so the idea of a reusable product with no weird chemicals in it sounded perfect. I've only used the diva cup one month so far but I doubt I'll ever go back to pads/tampons.

• Serpentina By  Serpentina
    05.21.19

Best friend

I have had this for a few years now, and I love it! I currently own model.1, I am thinking of maybe changing to model 2. Just for better coverage. I love that you don't necessarily feel it. I love that there is no funkiness to it, you literally insert, do your thing and then remove/dump as need it. I also rinse them out in between changes (as much as possible). Other than minor (recent) inconveniences, I have recommended the cup to my sisters and they love it. Definitely a must try! Perfect, environmentally friendly period protector. No more rashes ( pads would irritate my skin) and no more tampons (not environmentally friendly and most have chemicals that can be harmful, specially through vaginal absorption.

• toriwilson98 By  toriwilson98
    03.21.19

Great Alternative!

Used Model 1. Never going back to tampons. Its an amazing product if your looking for an alternative for your tampons. Yes it is a little hard to get the hang of putting it in and taking it out. But once you get the hang out it, its amazing!