Diva Cup Model 2 | SheSpeaks

• XjemmX XjemmX
    08.09.12

I have been using my DivaCup since 2007. I was never a fan of tampons, and pads were just never comfortable or gave the right level of protection. When I was a teenager I remember seeing an ad in Seventeen or one of those magazines for the Keeper, and I knew eventually I would try something like it because I loved the idea of something reusable. Thanks to the Internet years later I was reintroduced to the idea, and found a great deal online. I have not looked back, and never will. It only took a few days to get the complete hang of, and I feel like I know myself and my cycle much better because of it. Granted, on some of my heaviest days I have to empty my cup every hour or so (even with size 2) but it is so much easier than leaking with a pad or tampon after just 30 minutes or less like I experienced before. Strangely enough I swear that when it gets full, the small air bubble from insertion moves just enough to clue me in to go check, right before any leaking occurs. This of course is a sensation I learned after a few months of use, and I'm a pro now after 5 years! On light days I can empty it and rinse it in the morning at home, then do the same before I go to bed, with absolutely no worries all day long. I LOVE it. I feel much cleaner, never dried out or irritated (aside from the few times I put it in slightly low and crooked and poked myself with the stem. Many women trim the stem for this reason.) Currently I am investigating other brands which are all over the world, because I am looking for something a little softer and without the same stem. I know many women from the menstrual cup group on LJ who became cup addicts once a variety of cups were available, especially with the brands that have different colors and styles. I have recommended this and other cups to many women, and they all fall in love with it also after years of hating their periods. Give it a shot!

• toriwilson98 By  toriwilson98
    03.21.19

Great Alternative!

Used Model 1. Never going back to tampons. Its an amazing product if your looking for an alternative for your tampons. Yes it is a little hard to get the hang of putting it in and taking it out. But once you get the hang out it, its amazing!

• Beetlelvngirl By  Beetlelvngirl
    02.13.19

No surprises or odor

I bought the divacup when fred Meyers had a coupon for it. I was thinking about switching from pads/tampons for a while. I weighted the pros and cons of using the divacup as my changes in period had started to shift to lighter flows. After a few months of reading reviews from several sites I decided to throw in the towel. It's now my second cycle using the divacup and I'm loving it. I can get up and flow through my day without carrying around spare panties or pants. No worry about surprise leaks either. So far I give 4 stars. I wish i could give a 5 star but I'm still getting used to the cup insertion.

• mttclark2001 By  mttclark2001
    02.02.19

I loved the idea of a cup and don't get me wrong the diva was my first cup I bought worked great when I could get it to open. Was a little on the soft side was comfortable but struggled with many folds to get it to pop open. Had to switch to a cup that was a little firmer and have no more issues with any folds to get it to pop open. I have been using cups for 4 years now and will never go back to tampons or pads again. I am however thinking of trying the tampax cup just so expensive if your not happy with it. We will see cause I really love the my cup now.

• Txtrouble By  Txtrouble
    01.26.19

Great product however I had leaking on multiple occasions due to super heavy flow.

• Klgrannes By  Klgrannes
    12.09.18

Wow

I have been using my diva cup since 2013. I really enjoy it for camping and hiking its just alot easier to deal with than tampons and pads.I have a very heavy period and have to chang it about every 4 hours as apposed to every hour with a super tampon.It can be a bit messy to remove so I suggest having wet wipes or a water bottle if you are using it in a public bathroom.I do this so I dont have to wash it in the sink infront of everyone.it did taje me 4 or five cycles to figure it out and have it stay leak proof. I will definatley repurchase this menstrual cup when mine wears out

• Mummy2012 By  Mummy2012
    07.23.18

LOVE LOVE LOVE MY DIVA CUP

I researched a lot before trying the diva cup I had lots of people say it was hard to get the hang of others say it leaked I've been amazed at how easy it was for me I had no leaks it was easy to insert easy to clean no having to change it 10 times a day I would definitely recommended it to anyone wanting to try

• loudcassi By  loudcassi
    08.02.17

This was my first experience with a menstrual cup. I loved the idea that I wouldn't be filling up the landfills and that I would save money. I also loved the idea of not having to worry about it for 12 hours. BUT my experience was not that wonderful. It was painful no matter how much I messed with it and changed it's position. I leaked a lot until I got the hang of it and even after that I still wore a pantyliner because I worried about leakage. I ended up researching more cups and went with a different one.

• Mommylovesdiscounts By  Mommylovesdiscounts
    07.25.17

Let's be real...

The Diva Cup is life changing! My first cycle using it was a learning experience, but it didn't take long to get the hang of it. I will never use a tampon or pad again. This has simplified my life.

• ReviewsByKay By  ReviewsByKay
    07.28.16

I absolutely love this cup. I have completely stopped using tampons. It takes practice to get the hang of using a cup but once you fully transition you will love it. Insertion is easy and it forms to each individual. I recommend changing it in the shower to prevent any mess. Very comfortable and a noticeable decrease in cramping.

• robind30 By  robind30
    07.08.16

On the fence? Don't be!

I just started using the diva cup and was very intimidated at first. It was incredibly easy to insert and remove. I didn't leak at all, even on my heaviest days. I typically wear super tampons and almost always leak over night, but not so with the diva cup. I only changed it twice a day (morning and night) and didn't notice it at all. I love this thing!