Disney The Great and Powerful Oz | SheSpeaks

• trippingtiffies trippingtiffies
    10.08.13

I would have loved this movie much more had someone other than James Franco been cast as the Wizard. I feel like every movie he's in he's just playing James-Franco-In-A-Costume --- I never feel like he gets into character. I did enjoy the movie, even if Mila Kunis' character was pretty one-note. I mean, who goes from that sweet to that evil just like that??

• chiefsgirl chiefsgirl
    05.11.14

This was a let down. I prefer the original, much better.

• Kagelino By  Kagelino
    04.02.18

Wizard of oz

Gives a background story about how the wicked witch became who she was

• kkeller By  kkeller
    12.05.17

Maybe...

I was disappointed with this movie to be honest. I had high expectations for it because it is a Disney production and a spin-off of The Wizard of Oz. However, it just seemed a bit foolish and not really engaging.

• JazzyLykins By  JazzyLykins
    02.12.17

Magical

I'm a huge fan of anything Oz so I had a high expectation going in. It was a phenomenal portrayal of each character and new ones. I loved it.

• ArianWolf By  ArianWolf
    06.30.16

I greatly enjoyed this movie. I thought it was a very interesting and different take on things. It was entertaining and I actually liked it more than the original Wizard of Oz.

• lololovesfilms By  lololovesfilms
    06.08.16

"Oz the Great and Powerful" movie review

This movie doesn't fail where its story is concerned, it fails with the actors. James Franco is NOT, we repeat, NOT Oz. Rachel Weisz is usually always a dependable actress, but in this, there's something about her performance that's annoying, but not nearly as annoying as Mila Kunis'. UGH. Could she scream any more in this movie? It's fine to scream and yell, that's sort of the idea with a witch character, but it is possible to scream and yell without being grating, shrill, and displeasing to the ear. Visually, this is a very pretty movie with bright and lively colors throughout. That being said, the organic items in the Land of Oz, such as flowers, the monkeys, etc, look extremely digital and cartoonish, while the inorganic items, such as China Girl, and the Emerald City, look very realistic. We are disappointed in this film as avid fans of both Sam Raimi and "The Wizard of Oz." We're not sure what we expected, but this wasn't it.

• jancastro By  jancastro
    04.12.16

Great animation! Acting was good could be better though. Costumes we're awesome. I wouldn't buy it though but might watch if it's on tv.

• jessicady1 By  jessicady1
    03.04.16

I love the original wizard of oz. This movie really brings to life the life of the witches with a twist in the plot . You could not ask for a better sequel to the original. All the actors did a amazing job !

• Borgellagirl By  Borgellagirl
    02.14.16

me and my husband love that movie we enjoy everytime we watch , the scene when they change to black and white to the colorfull is amazing , we love the movie

• MarleeB By  MarleeB
    01.09.16

I love James Franco but this movie was boring and the plot was unbelievable . Good for younger kids but not interesting enough for adults

• kilimarie By  kilimarie
    11.30.15

It gave me a new view in the Wizard of Oz. The movie it self did not go well in my household. We were all a bit disastified and thought it was not that good.