Dermarest Psoriasis Medicated Shampoo Plus Conditioner | SheSpeaks

• Heatheredorsey By  Heatheredorsey
    01.13.18

Cleared up my folliculitis but definitely leaves hair dry

• dsclayton08 By  dsclayton08
    06.12.13

This stuff works great but the reason why I gave it a four is because if I use too much of it, it took my hair out on the side. I thought this was crazy because it says use everyday for a week but because I only wash my hair once a week, I still ended up with bald patches on the side.

• communitcator By  communitcator
    05.29.13

I love this shampoo. It is a must of my son's scalp because he has psoriasis. It works quickly (a few uses and the red patchy/scaly spots are nearly gone) but is gentle enough on his skin and hair to use a couple of times a week. An awesome side effect is that Demarest also helps the teenage acne on his forehead, which is a big bonus. Because of the 3% salicylic acid in Demarest (fairly high % for over the counter) I thought it might work well as an exfoliating wash to use before shaving my legs. I tried it and I'm hooked! I pour a small amount on a scrubby cloth and scrub my legs before shaving. Wow.. so smooth!

• sherrilyh By  sherrilyh
    05.23.13

I havent seen this product before...I notice the reviews are from 3 and 4 years ago. Is it still available? I really want to get this for my husband,

• katerose By  katerose
    01.27.10

i want to try this for my roommate who has scalp psoriasis. i hope it works.

• farmerbrown2002 By  farmerbrown2002
    11.16.09

Going to recommend this to a friend.Going to try myself.

• Runningamuck By  Runningamuck
    11.16.09

Great to know! My 6 year old son gets psoriasis during the winter months and often on his scalp. I might have to pick this up and test it out on his particular psoriasis and see if it helps. Thanks!

• has1kat By  has1kat
    11.16.09

There seem to be two groups of people with scalp psoriasis that require different active ingredients for them to work. This product has "3% salicylic acid" (aspirin) which does not work for my husband's scalp. The other psoriasis shampoo/conditioner products have "coal tar" as the active ingredient and these work very well for my husband. I suggest people find one of each shampoo with the highest percentage of each active ingredient they can find and try them. Then you'll know which active ingredient works best for you, either salicylic acid or coal tar. You'll save yourself a lot of money and sorrow doing this test.

• suzyq501 By  suzyq501
    09.30.09

Thanks for the review - I am going to have to go out and buy this one.

• momagarry By  momagarry
    09.30.09

I will have to recommend this one to a friend.