Position: Director, Business Development
About SheSpeaks-The Company
SheSpeaks is THE leading social network for women’s insights and word of mouth marketing. With a rapidly growing community of over 100,000 connected women, the SheSpeaks network has an immediate reach of over 12,000,000 people. SheSpeaks offers leading brands the opportunity to engage with SheSpeaks members for word-of-mouth programs with outstanding return on investment, actionable market research and insights, as well as honest, real-world feedback. The SheSpeaks platform empowers members to make their voice count and SheSpeaks’ clients benefit from the insights and advocacy built amongst members.
Our fast growing, award winning company has clients that include Heinz, Ghirardelli, Philips, Mars, Martha Stewart Omni Media, The Food Network, and The Oxygen Network.
SheSpeaks has captured the attention of media giants such as ABC News,
Good Morning America and trade publications such as Brandweek, AdAge and DM News. We are recognized experts on social media and the women’s market speaking regularly at conferences and to brands across the country.
The Director of Business Development will be responsible for helping to grow SheSpeaks client base. By partnering with leading brands and agencies, the Director of Business Development will be responsible for identifying opportunities, presenting our value proposition, increasing loyal customer use, meeting sales and profit goals, and working with the client relations department to ensure continued client satisfaction.
This key position will directly report to the Vice President of Business Development.
• Identify and develop new clients and categories
• Develop incremental business with existing clients by introduction of new products with each brand
• Build a network of relationships with key influencers in the industry to ensure SheSpeaks has strong market share, including agencies, analysts, and leading media companies
• Cultivate key agency relationships
• Source, develop and manage strategic relationships for future business development opportunities for the company
• Create and present sales presentations and customized client proposals
• Must have a minimum of 5 years of ad sales experience with a media company, advertising agency or publisher focusing on leading consumer brands
• Must have strong negotiation skills and proven ability as a “deal closer”
• Experience in high growth environments, fast-changing environments
• Demonstrated success in selling to industry leaders and leading brands
• Strong belief in the power of the women’s market, women’s voices, and the development of a new marketing channel
• Strong communication and presentation skills
• Ability to multi-task and to work on deadlines
• Bachelor of Science or Arts Degree
• Salary base plus bonus