Cuisinart Automatic Ice Cream Maker | SheSpeaks

• trippingtiffies trippingtiffies
    10.29.13

I bought one a few years ago and I must say I've never used it. Mine didn't come with a manual, even though I bought it new. I hear wonderful things about this machine, though.

• dmthoma1 By  dmthoma1
    02.07.18

Ice Cream for Everyone!

I received this ice cream maker as a Christmas gift and wow what a great gift. Makes great ice cream and is very easy to use. I get rave reviews from all who try the ice cream - who could ask for anything more. Plus, its fun to come up with new creations and try out different recipes. Great gift to give and receive.

• Jjlwood3 By  Jjlwood3
    07.28.15

one of my fav kitchen devices. easy to make ice cream! way easier than the priduct my gma used to use back in the day and way less time!

• MissMelissa By  MissMelissa
    05.07.14

The Cuisinart ICE-20 Ice Cream Maker is something that my Husband had bought before we got married. When unpacking the many boxes marked "kitchen" upon arriving to our new place, I was excited to find that we had an ice cream (and frozen yogurt!) maker. This is so, so easy to use! We keep the ice bucket in the deep freeze to make sure that it's solidly cold at all times. It is necessary to pre-freeze this bucket in order to get smooth, freezing ice cream out of the ingredients you're putting into the machine. If you don't pre-freeze, your ice cream will not set properly. Plug the machine in, sit the bucket in place, put the beater and plastic cover over the top, lock it all into place, and you're ready to start adding your ingredients! We make up fun and silly flavors in addition to old standbys such as mint chocolate chip, death by chocolate, and cookie dough. The only real con to this machine is the noise! It is incredibly loud due to the high-power motor. Dedicate yourself to listening to the loud whirring of the machine for about half an hour, because the noise drowns out pretty much all other sounds. This makes about a quart and a half of ice cream, and we've found that the best thing to do after scooping the ice cream out of the freezer bowl and into whatever type of container you're going to want to store your ice cream in is to let the ice cream sit in the freezer for a few hours right after making it. That way, it sets properly so you get a nice ice cream texture and flavor and temperature. Otherwise, it can be a bit of a soupy mess right after mixing. We always make sure that we have a clean sink and hot water ready as soon as we've finished scooping the ice cream out of the freezer bowl. Then the freezer bowl goes into the sink, and the hot (near boiling) water is poured over the bowl, beater, and plastic. This makes sure that everything is sanitized and the sugary sweetness isn't sticking to any hidden crevices. Completely dry the freezer bowl, then back into the freezer it goes for next time! This really is a great product. We still enjoy getting ice cream out once in a while, but it's fun to come up with new flavors to make right at home, and our friends all love to come over and try out whatever concoction we've come up with!

• trippingtiffies By  trippingtiffies
    10.29.13

• sweetpea279 By  sweetpea279
    10.28.13

I purchased this for my grandaughter birthday party. This was a bigger hit than the clown I paid $250 for. The kids enjoyed creating their own icream bowl. Easy to use, clean and store.

• drewzmom By  drewzmom
    10.27.13

Had it for years..FINALLY USED IT...my family enjoyed it...plan to use for holiday dinner dessert

• lilabski By  lilabski
    04.25.13

I bought this at Costco, for under $30 1 year ago (2012). While its not the most used kitchen appliance, it is so fun to use in the summer with the kids, and they can pretty much dress up any plain recipe to their liking. It comes with a recipe book that has basic and decadent recipes, and while you;re at Costco- because its going to be the best deal- get that heavy whipping cream! Ive even used coconut milk in this. Just don't forget to open her up as soon as you get home and throw the bowl in the freezer! Also, we have eaten the ice cream right out of the freezer bowl, but have found that its better after an hour or two in the icebox. I also came across some pint size freezer jars from Ball that pair really well with this for left overs.

• tracyslovebugs By  tracyslovebugs
    01.18.13

I have a cuisinart ice cream maker and I love it. I can't believe how great the ice cream taste and how different it taste from store bought ice cream. I would recommend this to everyone!

• kokomojo By  kokomojo
    06.12.12

Oh-my-goodness... I bought one just three weeks ago when they had them on sale at Costco. The first recipe I made was plain vanilla icecream. The texture was good but not as creamy as frozen custards. That was the second recipe. Both recipes worked well with the machine and were at soft serve thickness after 20-25 minutes. After sampling, both went into the freezer to solidify just a bit more. From what I hear, you have to do that with even the most expensive makers. I'm looking forward to fresh fruit sorbets this summer. I keep the bowl in the back of the freezer - to make a batch at a moments notice or when that whim for ice cream takes over and I "just HAVE to". Highly recommend the Cuisinart Ice Cream maker.

• NicoleFlothe By  NicoleFlothe
    06.11.12

I love making ice cream, it was so delicious, each spoonful! My kids liked to watch it churn too.