- Prep Time:
- Cook Time:
- Total Prep + Cook Time:
Photo Source: https://cookiesandcups.com/dessert-charcuterie/
Makes: 2 logs
This Chocolate Salami Recipe is the perfect addition to a Dessert Charcuterie Board - it looks just like a real salami but is really a sweet!
2 cups (12- ounces)
chocolate chips or chopped chocolate
chopped nuts (I used pistachios)
12 ? 14 ounces
Biscoff or shortbread cookies, coarsely chopped
dried fruit, such as raisins or chopped dates - optional
1. Place chocolate chips in a medium bowl.
2. Heat heavy cream in a sauce pan or microwave until it starts steaming, but not boiling.
3. Pour the hot cream over the chocolate and allow it to sit for a few minutes to allow the chocolate to melt. Stir the chocolate and cream together until smooth. Stir in the nuts, chopped cookies, and dried fruit if using.
4. Allow the mixture to cool for 10-15 minutes until it?s cooled slightly.
5. Divide the mixture in half and spoon onto 2 pieces of cling wrap. Using the cling wrap, form the mixture into 2 logs. Twist the ends up and place in the refrigerator to chill completely, 3-4 hours, or overnight.
6. When the chocolate is cooled, dust on all side with powdered sugar.
7. Slice and serve.
via Cookies & Cups
Other recipes in desserts
This is a cooked apple recipe that is super simple & delicious. Great dessert, snack, or even a side dish!
A sweet treat for everyone!
Inspired by the one made by Applebee's, a delicious cake with pecans, ice cream, candied pecans, and a maple syrup sauce.