Makes: 4 Servings
This one skillet meal is really quick and easy to make just remember to prep all the ingredients before starting to cook your meal. It makes life so much eaiser!! Then when your all done. You only have one skillet to wash!
Boneless Skinless Chicken Breast
Garlic cloves, pressed
1 1/2 cups
Long Grain White Rice, rinse starch off
Dry White Wine
4 1/2 cups
Low Sodium Chicken broth
Italian cut frozen green beans
Red pepper flakes
All purpose flour
Be sure to use chicken breasts that are roughly the same size to ensure even cooking.
1. Pat the chicken dry with paper towels and season with salt and pepper. Dredge the chicken in flour to coat on one side only and shake off any excess. Heat the oil in a 12-inch nonstick skillet over medium-high heat until just smoking. Brown the chicken well on ONE side, the floured side, about 5 minutes. Transfer the chicken to a plate and set aside.
2. Off the heat, add the butter to the skillet, and swirl to melt. Add the onion and 1/2 teaspoon salt, and return to medium-high heat until softened, 2 to 5 minutes. Stir in the garlic and pepper flakes and cook until fragrant, about 30 seconds. Stir in the rice thoroughly and let toast for about 30 seconds.
3. Stir in the wine and let the rice absorb it completely, about 1 minute. Stir in the broth, scraping up any browned bits. When it comes to a full boil, nestle the chicken into the rice, browned side facing up, including any accumulated resting juices. Cover and cook over medium heat until the thickest part of the chicken registers 160 degrees on an instant-read thermometer, about 10 minutes.
4. Transfer the chicken to a clean plate. Gently brush off and discard any rice clinging to the chicken, then tent the chicken with foil and set aside. Return the skillet of rice to medium-low heat, cover, and continue to cook, stirring occasionally, until the liquid is absorbed and the rice is tender, 8 to 12 minutes longer.
5. Off the heat, sprinkle the green beans over the rice, cover, and let warm through, about 2 minutes. Add the scallions and lemon juice to the rice and gently fold them in. Season with salt and pepper to taste and serve.