Celeste Ng Little Fires Everywhere | SheSpeaks

• emimorgan emimorgan
    03.12.18

A must-read

A fantastic family/character-driven novel. I was a big fan of Celeste Ng after reading and loving her first novel, 'Everything I Never Told You' - but 'Little Fires Everywhere' was even better. Ng seamlessly weaves together perspectives from different characters in this touching story that at the core is about motherhood. I couldn't put it down, especially in the last 50 pages. My mind keeps coming back to this book even weeks after I finished it.

• kjhwriter By  kjhwriter
    06.11.18

I read "Little Fires Everywhere" is one night. I read it so fast because the story was so absorbing and I had to know what would happen at the end. Her style and the raw emotion in her writing is what made me a fan. In the story, she never tells us what is wrong or right. It's up to the reader. What is also interesting is how she contrasts each character and why they believe what they do. It was my first Celeste Ng novel too, which I will be reading more from her.

• funkymunky1515 By  funkymunky1515
    03.13.18

Interesting writing style

I enjoyed her writing style: mini-multiple POV. Sometimes you're in someone's head only for a paragraph, but it's an interesting way to consume a story.

• emimorgan By  emimorgan