Carol V Aebersold and Chanda A Bell The Elf on the Shelf A Christmas Tradition | SheSpeaks

• Massow92 By  Massow92
    04.04.16

The Elf on the Shelf was introduced to our family over 6 years ago, Jack, as we call him, it a wonderful tradition that we started with our kids. No matter the age my kids still look forward to where Jack is the next morning. Though I am not as creative as some parents, it is pure entertainment and joy for our family during the Christmas season. My little still get teary eyed when she has to say good bye to Jack on Christmas Eve. I highly recommend Elf on the Shelf, it is a great tradition and memories for years.

• Amber_Lee By  Amber_Lee
    07.20.15

I believe this is a great family tradition, if following certain guidelines. I've seen so many fires start up because these Elfs were places near hot surfaces or lamps.

• jo8207 By  jo8207
    07.18.15

This super cute my son loves this. It wonderful family tradition we do near holiday that my son looks forward to

• someday By  someday
    08.27.14

I purchased the "girl" elf just before last Christmas. I have two girls, so I thought a girl one would be more fun! My girls are over age 10 and they loved looking for the elf every morning. I enjoyed looking for some fun hiding spots too! And same with my husband! It makes Christmas time more magical!!

• Snookiebill By  Snookiebill
    03.06.12

This is definitely a MUST read!!! I teach 1st grade. After we come back from Thanksgiving holiday each year, I read the book to the class. I let the students suggest names for our elf and then they vote on the name they want. We have 3 weeks of shear joy before Christmas holidays! What a motivator to get kids to do their work when they know the elf is watching and reporting back to Santa each night. Of course, it does take a few minutes to settle them down when they come back from PE, lunch, etc., to find the elf in a different place!!

• buttercup1854 By  buttercup1854
    12.16.11

We are having so much fun wondering every night where we will find our 2 Elves. This is the first year we have done this and it will definately be a new tradition to our holiday. I would recommend this for anyone. We also have the book and the dvd.

• Tkingston By  Tkingston
    12.10.11

This is great. It's time to start your own tradition.

• tsd118 By  tsd118
    12.09.11

I love the idea of this but my now five year old was scared of it both last year and this year. She won't even let me take it out of the box.

• cstarr1969 By  cstarr1969
    12.08.11

This is the first year with our Elf on the Shelf! My daughter named her Kayla and I crocheted her a skirt. My daughter blows her kisses every morning and night before bed. She loves looking for Kayla in the mornings to find out what spot she will be in! And my daughter does not like it if I tell Kayla to send a message to Santa for me when she doesn't listen! Its an awesome idea and has become a new family tradition!

• tenkids2dogs By  tenkids2dogs
    12.08.11

Ha! As a mom of ten I can't understand how I had never heard of Elf on the Shelf before this year. My kids ( much to my chagrin, especially my teens) have had an ABUNDANCE of fun with Elf in just the week we have had him. In fact, his antics made great fodder for a holiday tradition update on my blog www.tenkids2dogs.wordpress.com I truly hope to keep the tradition of The Elf on the Shelf alive and well for my children and eventually their children for years to come!!!