- Prep Time:
- Cook Time:
- Total Prep + Cook Time:
1 Hr 40 Mins
Makes: 15 Cake pops
Easy base cake pop recipe!
Box cake mix (whichever you choose)
Container of icing
Eggs (differs with each cake mix)
1/4 - 1
Cup water (differs with each cake mix)
1/4 - 1
Cup vegetable oil (differs with each cake mix)
Sprinkles for decorating
Bag candy melts
1. Bake the cake in a 13x9 in pan for the time required per instructions.
2. Once the cake has cooled, cut off the golden brown parts of the cake (the top, bottom and both sides) *this is very important or you will wind up with an interesting consistency*
3. Crumble the cake into a medium - large sized bowl and add 1-2 heaping spoonfuls of the icing into the bowl with the cake and mix using hands preferably.
4. Repeat step 3 until desired cake pop consistency is reached.
5. Roll into balls, making sure to maintain size of normal cake pops.
6. Put in refrigerator for 10 min to ensure they hold shape
7. Melt approximately 10 of the candy melts in microwave safe bowl for a minute, stirring every 30 seconds. Repeat until melted completely.
8. Dip "cookie" stick into melted candy and then stick into the cake pop ball halfway. Repeat until all balls are used.
9. Put the cake pops into freezer for another 10 min.
10. Melt the rest of the candies and dip each cake pop in it, making sure it is coated just enough. *TIP: DO NOT DUNK the cake pop because it will get too heavy and fall off the cookie stick
other recipes in desserts
The pumpkin cake is a perfect finale to a Halloween dinner or dish to bring to a party. And the best part is it?s actually very easy to make.The pumpkin …
Quick and easy homemade ice cream sandwiches. You use store box cake mix of your choice and store bought ice cream. These are delicious!
This has always been one of my favorite holiday desserts to make! It's really simple and this recipe makes a lot of servings. I have made this recipe man…