Burt's Bees Natural Acne Solutions Targeted Spot Treatment Review | SheSpeaks

• Lovely7 By  Lovely7
    12.11.12

Maybe mine was defective? It had no smell and didn't dry out anything. In fact, it made my acne worse. Disappointed as I love Burt's Bees

• tractorqueen By  tractorqueen
    12.06.12

best stuff ever

• rainaroo By  rainaroo
    04.07.12

It kind of stings a bit. I prefer gel based spot removers. My sister liked it though.

• hshepard By  hshepard
    04.05.12

This is working great to prevent breakouts. I have been using this a month and have noticed a big difference in my breakouts. I have to give it a four stars because of the smell, it was a little hard to get use to.

• frizzyborden By  frizzyborden
    07.22.10

I received a free sample of this in the mail to try. It was a small bottle, but it lasted quite a while anyway. It dried up my spots very quickly and works well. The only thing is that it smells kind of bad, but once it dries the smell goes away.

• holly669 By  holly669
    01.03.10

I agree, this smells awful but it does work if you can get past that. My daughter who is 18 loves this- it dried up her breakouts overnight & she says this is the best after trying dozens of products over the years.

• oneangelsmiles By  oneangelsmiles
    12.14.09

I really enjoy Burt's Bee products and this was no exception. Though the scent is a bit strong- if applied at night before bed and washed off in the morning then this isn't a problem. It's quite good if you have a blemish or two but not designed for a full on breakout or you'll end up with dry flakey skin.

• basilandcatnip By  basilandcatnip
    12.10.09

Not wild about the smell but it works! I just dab a bit of it on the spot/blemish and within 24-48 hrs it's gone.

• Alexis1227 By  Alexis1227
    12.08.09

I got a free sample of this. It smells aweful, it burns when you put it on and it did nothing for my pimples. I have Avon Clear Solutions and it works amazingly!

• has1kat By  has1kat
    12.08.09

I agree with elizdup that the strong tea-oil scent reminds me of turpentine and the yucky smell stays with you all day. However it does work quickly and for teens needing to clear up any acne before an event like the prom, they will be happy with the results. I'd recommend putting it on at night and washing it off in the morning to avoid the smell. But if you're desparate to cleat up your acne, you won't care about the smell.

• elizdup By  elizdup
    12.07.09

Hate the scent. I smelled like Pine-Sol all day. Drys too fast. Unable to apply, you can only "dab". Made my face too dry.

• cathy825 By  cathy825
    12.07.09

I don't really know how it works because the sample I got was a tiny tube and at that time I was going through an acne crisis [lol] so I didn't get to find it as effective as it should be. I didn't like the scent of it because it smells like a house cleaning product that I'm familiar with. I thought it was going to have a softer scent like honey or something similar. The solution dries quickly when you put it in certain spots that needs treatment. I would try it again though.