Brownie Stuffed Butterscotch Cookies
When cookies and brownies collide, it's a decadent treat that disappears!
While we made both the cookies and brownies from scratch, try saving time and using a brownie boxed mix and refrigerated cookies in your favorite flavor. The possibilities are truly endless here.
We made the brownies using our favorite recipe.
- 1 c. shortening
- 2 c. sugar
- 4 eggs
- 7 TBSP cocoa powder
- 1 1/2 c. +2 TBSP Flour
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1 c. nuts (optional)
- Powdered sugar
Beat the shortening and sugar until creamy and fluffy. Add eggs, spinach, cocoa and mix well. Slowly add the flour, baking powder, salt and nuts.
Pour into greased 13″x9″ pan and bake in a 350 degree oven for about 25-30 minutes. Check for doneness by inserting a knife into center–you want it to come out clean.
Eating them from the pan, we lightly dust with powdered sugar and serve!
We also made a batch of our favorite butterscotch cookies.
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 teaspoons hot water
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups butterscotch chips
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Cream together the butter, white sugar, and brown sugar until smooth. Beat in the eggs one at a time, then stir in the vanilla. Dissolve baking soda in hot water. Add to batter along with salt. Stir in flour, chocolate chips, and nuts. Drop by large spoonfuls onto ungreased pans.
- Bake for about 10 minutes in the preheated oven, or until edges are nicely browned.
When we combined them we:
- Used ONE tablespoon of cookie dough and spread it out. Then we cut a brownie 1″x1″ and placed it on top of the cookie dough.
- We then topped the brownie with ONE tablespoon of cookie dough and pressed the cookie dough together to seal the brownie inside.
- Then baked for 12-15 minutes. We then removed from oven and let sit on cookie sheet for five minutes.
- Removed from sheet and placed on wire rack to cook completely.