Looking to spruce up your home and/or work space decor? An awesome way to brighten up your space is by bringing all the beauty of spring inside - and keeping it there all year long!
You don’t need an outdoor garden to get planting. All you need is water, a place for your plant to sunbathe and some TLC.
Four winners will each receive one pack of "Grow Your Own Herbs" from Seedsheet (includes nonGMO seeds and one garden container) so you can get started on your home garden (Grows up to $92 worth of produce).
Photo source: plants.behouse
Replace those flower arrangements for this beautiful flowering plant. There are over 2,500 species of bromeliads ranging in the colors: red, pink, white, yellow, orange, or even a mixture of colors.
- Temperature between 40-100F degrees.
- Moderate humidity.
- Depending on the certain species, but in general, likes low-moderate light.
- Watering: when the soil is completely dried out.
Succulents are one of the easier plants to take care of. They come in all shapes, sizes and colors, and they work as the perfect gift. You can keep this plant in your home or work space all year round! For extra creativity points, hang your succulents in a hanging planter.
- Temperature between 75-80F.
- Low humidity.
- Likes bright light.
- Watering: When the soil is completely dried out.
Marimo moss ball
Another terrarium-like option is a marimo moss ball. It’s totally adorable and equally low-maintenance—like a plant pet rock." - Well and Good. Keep it in a clear glass container and change the water every one or two weeks.
- Cool temperature between 50-65F degrees.
- Low humidity.
- Low-moderate light.
- Watering: unnecessary! Keep in a clear glass container filled with water. Change the water every 1-2 weeks.
Image source: Hometalk
- Temperature over 45F degrees.
- Keep in partial shade.
- Watering: Soak the base of the plant in water once every 1-2 weeks, for 2-3 hours, and then let it drain the remaining water overnight.
- Mist at the base every few days to keep it moist.
The easiest plant to have is no doubt an air plant. No soil is needed to keep this plant thriving. All it needs is air circulation.
Growing herbs from the comfort of your own home provides you with access to healthy ingredients, plus planting the herbs and watching them grow is a fun family activity! Deciding which herbs to grow can be daunting, however an easy solution to this is by using Seedsheets! Seedsheets turns you into a Gardening Guru by providing you with nonGMO seeds and an up-cycled gardening container.
- To plant: place the Seedsheet on top of a container full to the brim with soil.
- Water: follow the instructions on your Seedsheet package for watering frequencies.
- Once watered: the seed pods dissolve, the plants sprout through the weed blocking fabric, and the result is a perfectly-spaced organic weedless garden!
General Plant Tips:
- Adjust your watering with the seasons, and account for heaters and air conditioners.
- Have a designated TLC plant care-day!: Take your indoor plants outside, wipe their leaves with a damp cloth, and water them.
- Make sure the soil you use has the ability to drain water well, if not, add some sand to the soil.
- Try to have pots with drainage holes at the bottom to prevent root rotting from water.
Where to buy these plants:
We recommend visiting your local plant nursery. However, there are ways to purchase plants online now! Click below on the name of the plant you want to buy.
What's your favorite plant type? Tell us for a chance to win one of four seed sheet packages!
There are three ways to enter:
- Comment below to tell us your favorite plant - indoor or outdoor.
- Click here to tweet: I'm bringing the beauty of spring inside and entering the #SheSpeaksPlants giveaway! http://bit.ly/2KoTXS1
- Post a picture on Instagram (worth 5 entries) of your favorite plants with the hashtags #SheSpeaksPlants, #SheSpeaks and #entry.
*Four lucky commenters or tweeters will be chosen at random to receive one package of nonGMO seeds and one garden container. Giveaway is open through June 3rd, 2018 to U.S. residents at least 18 years of age. Entrants must be a member of SheSpeaks. If you are not a member, click here to join. Winner will be notified by email.