Blueberry Mochi Cake
- Prep Time:
- Cook Time:
- Total Prep + Cook Time:
1 Hr 15 Mins
Makes: 12 20
This is a yummy recipe for a Japanese inspired Hawaiian traditional dessert. Instead of cake flour we use a rice flour called Mochiko. The results lend a chewy almost addictive cake. Although the butter and sugar content may seem a bit high,trust me it is mildly sweet .
1 (12oz) can
1. Mix the butter and sugar in a large bowl.
2. Mix in the evaporated milk and vanilla extract.
3. Mix in the eggs.
4. Mix in the mochiko and baking powder.
5. Mix in the blueberries.
6. Pour the batter into a greased 9x13 inch baking pan.
7. Bake in a preheated 350F oven until golden brown on top and a toothpick pushed into the center comes out clean, about 1 hour.
P.s. this will work with most fresh or dried fruit.
via My kitchen
other recipes in desserts
Red Velvet Valentine's Day Heart Cake
This dish will have your guests fighting over the last bite. Recipe excerpted from Marjorie Johnson's cookbook, The Road to Blue Ribbon Baking with Marjo…
Eggless cookie dough.
Ready to eat in 10 mins!
Great to mix with icecream :)