Blueberry Mochi Cake
- Prep Time:
- Cook Time:
- Total Prep + Cook Time:
1 Hr 15 Mins
Makes: 12 20
This is a yummy recipe for a Japanese inspired Hawaiian traditional dessert. Instead of cake flour we use a rice flour called Mochiko. The results lend a chewy almost addictive cake. Although the butter and sugar content may seem a bit high,trust me it is mildly sweet .
1 (12oz) can
1. Mix the butter and sugar in a large bowl.
2. Mix in the evaporated milk and vanilla extract.
3. Mix in the eggs.
4. Mix in the mochiko and baking powder.
5. Mix in the blueberries.
6. Pour the batter into a greased 9x13 inch baking pan.
7. Bake in a preheated 350F oven until golden brown on top and a toothpick pushed into the center comes out clean, about 1 hour.
P.s. this will work with most fresh or dried fruit.
via My kitchen
other recipes in desserts
Our neighbor introduced us to this recipe growing up in Kentucky. It is very sweet, creamy, and delicious!
These "fun" cookies are a big hit at our house! And super easy to make!