Angels Eyes Dog Cat Tear Stain Remover | SheSpeaks

• sharonarb By  sharonarb
    11.17.12

i use this on my dog and have been for quite a while. Right now I just do maintenance, 1-2x a week. I think it works great! For the woman that said her dog will not touch it. Here are some ideas. Mix it with a tablespoon or two of plain yogurt or take a slice of turkey breast and spread the Angel Eyes on it and then roll it up. You can also mix it in with peanut butter.

• squirrly By  squirrly
    04.22.11

I tried this on my Shih Tzu and no matter how I hide it she will not touch the food it is on. I just try to keep her eyes clean with a damp washcloth.

• Mijeka By  Mijeka
    01.09.11

Worked wonderfully! did everything promised, but unfortunately, whenever we stopped using it, our dog got continous infections (still does) :( coincedence? -probably, but that was the ONLY change in our routine/etc :(

• ldelia By  ldelia
    09.10.10

This works great! My havanese had weird red/pink tear stains and after one week his eyes were clear and stain free!

• tgif1313 By  tgif1313
    09.24.09

I would really like to try this for my Shih Tzu but I'm really concerned about the health aspect. What are the ingredients?

• julia9874 By  julia9874
    09.17.09

http://blogs.dogtime.com/dolittler-blog/2009/07/angel-eyes-is-for-little-angels-too-bad-the-devil-s-in-the-details do you understand this product is an antibiotic? I would never use medication for a cosmetic problem. There are a lot of topical cleaners - heck a nice damp cloth works wonders if you use it often enough.

• QSMR123 By  QSMR123
    08.18.09

to Jaymie02 - Hi, this product works for some tear staining because its active ingredient is an antibiotic called Tylosin (Tylan). Angel Eyes mixes this with a liver flavored powder and marks it waay up. Google "tylosin" or Check out marivistavet.com. to veronica - I have an E. Bulldog with terrible red yeast tear stains, and tried EVERYTHING (angel eyes did not work at all) Antibiotics (and steroids) actually make his tear staining worse. I finally was able to get rid of them by switching him to a limited ingredient diet. California Natural, with a spoonfull of Weruva or California Natural canned. If your Molly's tear stains are really bad and you want to jump start the clean up (it takes months when you rely on the food alone). Check out "Be Super Clean Anti Fungal Shampoo" from 1800 petmeds.com, and in between, you can use a one day yeast infection cream in her wrinkles.

• veronicaschwartz By  veronicaschwartz
    03.19.09

I would love to use this for mu bulldog Molly, but she has food allergies. I'm going to read more about it, and hopefully can give it a try!

• cavgirl By  cavgirl
    03.13.09

Although I have never personally used this product, I have never heard a bad word about it. I belong to a couple of online rescue groups and have heard many positive comments about Angel's Eyes.

• montague95 By  montague95
    03.07.09

Thank you all for sharing your experiences. I have a maltese that the groomer made the suggestion about this product and I was sceptical. I will definataly buy a bottle next week when he gets his hair cut. For those who my have trouble getting your dog to eat it when mixed with their food you might try and mix it with yogurt. We have done this with our dog when he has had to take other medicines. He loves the yogurt and just ate it all up.