Welcome to Malise’s MomFashion Notes! We’re glad you’re here.
Warm weather is here! Sunshine is abundant and you’re wondering how to look the part. Let’s face it, Winter lingers around and then poof it’s Summertime and some times we need more time! Let me share with you some of my favorite transitions from Winter to Summer with Style!
1) Bronzer is your friend! When our skin is first in view after a long, cold Winter, it can be a big shocking for everyone. Nothing makes you feel more uncomfortable than pasty white skin that hasn’t seen the sun in six months. So reach out to your "Friend" Bronzer! That’s right, bronzer gives you a little life. Here’s the trick, a little bit, goes a long way with bronzer. Or, makeup in general. Use a little and enjoy a lot of results.
2) Get moving! That’s what I love is movement. Today, I was at the gym and I ran into an Instructor at the water fountain and she said, "What are you doing today?" And I answered, "Moving!" Seriously, I could have said, P90X or Insane. Yet, in reality, my goal is to get moving. I love to be active and that can be many things. There are days I walk, others’ I attend a great class like Zumba. Yet, keep moving. You’ll feel and look better in no time.
3) Key Wardrobe Pieces! With each season, it is a great time to shop some new sales and colors. At the onset of the new Season like Summer, get a couple of great pieces, like a travel in the "must have" color of the season - this season Turquoise still reigns. You can add a favorite cardigan or pair of sandals. These pieces will scream the new season long before you feel like it is here. Some times going through the motions will get you there. Often, I have found these become my go to pieces for the enter season.
4) Schedule your first Beach/Water trip. You will be surprised at how much this will do for your spirits. Get yourself to the beach or to a water park. Nothing signals. Summer like your first dip in the pool or beach. We have found that a first water activities really put us in the mood and give us that natural glow we’re all clamoring for anyway. Once your mind and body are ready, you’re there. If the beach is too far, take the children to the park. Pull out a water hose. Embrace the season. It’s here.
5) See your Stylist. Either get that cute and spunky hair cut you’ve been thinking about all Winter or get a great style. Add a few high lights. Having a fun Summer style can really lift your spirits and get you in the Summer Season. Fresh highlights just make me feel better. So I usually go see my hairdresser and say, "Let’s lighten up!" We do and I am happy. Enjoy! And remember to gram a special shampoo if you are in the pool a lot this Summer.
BONUS: Cook a New Menu of Summer Fare. Be creative and try a new Salad recipe or a new grilling sauce for your barbecue nights. Enjoy the fresh, healthy cooking of all things in season. While you’re at it, enjoy some of the in season berries this year.
These are just a handful of things that make me happy for Summer. I wanted you to have them in your back pocket should you need a hand.
What are your favorite ways to lighten up and get Summer ready?
Get your MomFashion on this Summer and by all means, share with us. Or, feel free to ask any questions you may have or share anything you
would like to see us address. Thanks for visiting!